Information about Carers Allowance? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information about Carers Allowance?

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking a few questions, I could help give you rough idea of whether you'd be entitled to any other financial support. Does your partner get PIP or any other benefits? Do you rent your home? Do you have any dependent children living with you? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ponies
    ponies Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Adrian, My Partner doesn’t get anything at the moment, He is however waiting for a reply from Carers Allowance Unit, regarding C.A. If he’s successful he’ll get £66.15 per wk to look after me 35 or more each wk.
    We own our home, and have no dependents

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A benefits calculator will help in this situation but as you have no dependents then you may not be entitled to any Universal credit.

Any savings over £6,000 will affect the amount you can claim. Savings of more than £16,000 and you won't be entitled to any UC.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ponies
    Options
    Thanks Adrian for your help and support 
    I will go on www.entitledto.co.uk
    Everyone replying to my questions have been truly wonderful and given me great feedback 
  • ponies
    Options
    Thanks Poppy 123456 I will look into it, you have been very helpful in answering my questions, giving me a better understanding & support with my recent enquires 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    You're most welcome @ponies, best of luck to you and please let me know if we can help with anything else. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ponies
    Options
    Will do thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.