ANXIETY THE NEED TO SAY WHAT IS HAPPENING — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ANXIETY THE NEED TO SAY WHAT IS HAPPENING

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every one. This is my situation at the moment regarding my mental health.

I was asked by my Doctor on a prescription to make an appointment a  review of medication and any thing else.

I know my own issues.  How I am effected mentally what helps me. Using coping methods, strategies and other valuable knowledge gleaned by using mental health charities.

I know use this forum daily to give me support, guidance and lots of friendship from others who are like myself.

I will always continue to support those with similar to myself and much more .

In my role as community champion.

I want to add if you ever like myself you need to revaluate anything you are dealing with.

Consider speaking to the Doctor that is what they are there for.  You need to recognise your not alone with anxiety or panic attacks and how to deal with them is the main issues.

As of this morning visited GP been on the same medication for years. Since the loss of my car I do struggle and get anxious going out.

Have had panics.  Waking up every day alone and isolated is never an easy  aspect of life to cope with.

I do understand those who have the same. It is fine to be aware of your own situation.  Your own dilemmas each day.  I will continue to be supportive and understanding.

I have in my judgement discussed the issues and problems. On reflection I need to if you experiencing the same.

Especially the gents, men of the forum please find some time to make an appointment and discuss this.  With your GP. As a gent of the forum I call myself . Never easy to discuss intimate emotions and feelings how are you in front of people.

If you do please write it down how you are. I have always done this.  Must share my GP is a lady never easy at first did bring in RETHINK . Highly recommended to any one suffering have a look on their website .

I never thought be like this and thought can cope.  Understand the loss of losing my car lifeline I need to move on from  that but it is those little irritations, annoyances those set backs that can grow and manifest in something larger.

I need to talk about what is bothering me.  Including I thought a friend I had not bothered about me. As the GP put this morning.  You gave him some help, advice and guidance but did he ask for it.

Playing devils advocate I agree just being helpful.  I also added since the assessments switched me off sending me texts and no listening plus those sort of friendships. We have them as I said need to move on from that.

Another thing I need to do but you do miss human contact that is something I need to cope with and deal with but it does not help me mentally.

We as gents, men if you are getting the same anxiety, panic attacks aspects of loneliness.  Then you need to talk to your GP.  In fact any one you not wasting the GP time there they to listen, offer any advice and guidance.

I asked about further support such as mental health charities. Unfortunately I have used up all the resources of my area.

I do not like council services and do not think they can ever address any problems I have.

Having unsuccessful many times to be found to be in a situation with CPN or controlling support workers telling me how it is.

Understand for those who have had that experiences never easy to deal with ever.  Besides I know what I want and sometimes that can have a drastic effect on those personality clashes.

I often mention a mental health charity I use. I can not go back have been there.  Twice  will not have me back.

Besides it did help me.  Education, knowledge and learning the key. Worth contacting to any one who has mental health issues.

All is happening now new medication to deal with the anxiety and panics.

Which I will and have to get used to.

Please can I stress what is important to me is the strength the courage to move on.  Find ways to deal with what I have.

I do not ever wished to be in situation of being in a hole and finding no way out.  There are ways, means, answers to every day problems.

If I can advise and be a friend to those in a similar problem be  happy to do so.

I wanted to write this because it a way of expression and way to off load and also give others who are like me a lot of support.

Thank you for reading.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @thespiceman
    Thank you for sharing, whenever anyone speaks out about mental health it just lets others know they aren't alone. You are such a kind and caring person and it is why you make such a wonderful Community Champion. Thank you for this, I hope you know just how much we all appreciate you and what you do.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Thank you for this @thespiceman. I always admire you for being brave enough to speak about your own mental health and I know it makes me feel more able to speak about mine. Depression and anxiety don't discriminate and being affected by them doesn't make us weak, but human. It's taken me a long time to accept that, but it's gents like yourself who aren't ashamed to talk about it that make it that much easier for the rest of us. Cheers.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope   Thank you very much for kind words and support.

I wanted to add my own health issues because I do think there are a lot of the community members who have similar problems.

It is fine and OK to know we are here to support you.

You are not alone. 

I wanted to add also it is difficult to talk what you going through.  Struggling to come to terms with what your dealing and coping.

Please try to seek the help. advice, guidance of your Doctor. You may not feel like attending or making an appointment.

You will find a way to discuss your emotions and feelings.

Even if that means writing it down.  Going to a Doctors with additional support a friend or family member. Seek the guidance of advocate.

Such as RETHINK.

You find you have done the right thing get the necessary steps and action to help and give you self esteem and confidence back.

It is never easy for me to explain but when I  know the Doctors there to be supportive and listening.

I have done the right thing.

I will always keep every one who is experiencing what I go through updated and keep those who wish to know informed.

Mental health is an illness but you can cope and deal with it have a life.

It is making the right choices and decisions to maintain it.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Many thanks @thespiceman for posting such a heartfelt and inspiring piece about mental health and your own experiences.  You have such a big heart and continually help so many members of this Community.  Your tireless work in raising awareness of mental health and volunteering with Scope is amazing!  I am sure many members will find your latest post really helpful and comforting.  Thank you for all that you do, my friend.  x   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Adrian_Scope   Thank you for kind words and support much appreciated.

I need to say how I am and what I going through.

It can be difficult and not easy to cope with but I know with a heart give others the same support.

I do meet so many who can be helped given a chance a given prayer to deal with their issues.

It is making the first steps the hardest and from there to identify the recovery the stage of coping and dealing with every day situations.

Thank you

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness