Help with a covering letter for a year absence from working? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with a covering letter for a year absence from working?

Jimbobgee
Jimbobgee Community member Posts: 3 Listener
After a few years on esa im finally ready to get back to work with plenty of momentum behind me, the only problem being for 2018 I have quite litterally nothing I could tell an employer despite possibly embellishing some cash in hand work for my landlord who would not be a suitable refference, for the years before I'm ok just this last one. For some context i'm 25 have  no qualifications other than 5 gsces in maths and english. The missing year wasn't wasted as I spent the time really engaging with music, learned alot about piano playing from youtube, this "hobby" really allowed me get over a lot of anxiety and negativity however its a couple of years from the incident that led to me being on esa (the one with out having to visit a job centre for mental health). Currently all ive got is a brief parageaph how this time gave me an appreciation for contribution,productivity and ability to get over obstacles. All I really have is adjectives, though I should avoid being too emotive? Or should I just cover the last year briefly and go straight onto how my previous roles make me suited to the position. Thanks.

Comments

Brightness