SDP/Universal Credit refund news - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP/Universal Credit refund news

124»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I've heard of several people that have received backdated money, so they are definitely starting to contact those that are affected. If you're one of them look out for a message on your journal sometime in the future. How long it takes is anyone's guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Have you heard anything @jude1967?
    Like Poppy, I've heard of a number of people now having received payments, so they're clearly starting to get through them.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • teardy1275
    teardy1275 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Why are some people being paid earlier than other regarding the sdp refund? It seems unfair that some have received it when others like myself haven't. I know people on here are saying they know that people are being paid but I'm sceptical. My UC case manager said I was first to be referred to get it yet all I've had is a journal message and lots of excuses from UC staff. 
  • poppy123456
    Why are some people being paid earlier than other regarding the sdp refund? It seems unfair that some have received it when others like myself haven't. I know people on here are saying they know that people are being paid but I'm sceptical. My UC case manager said I was first to be referred to get it yet all I've had is a journal message and lots of excuses from UC staff. 
    There's 1000's of people to go through and unfortunately, it's not going to happen over night. To be honest i've only read a few people that have received it.  Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • teardy1275
    It's just that I only applied for my ESA refund last week and received it Friday. I can't understand why UC has taken over 5 weeks now. I don't know personally of anyone receiving UC refund only read on internet
  • poppy123456
    It's just that I only applied for my ESA refund last week and received it Friday. I can't understand why UC has taken over 5 weeks now. I don't know personally of anyone receiving UC refund only read on internet
    What ESA refund are you talking about please? Were you in receipt of SDP within 1 month of your claim for UC starting? If so was this with your ESA claim?
  • teardy1275
    Hi poppy I e had two refundd going on a ESA one when I was on wrong rate in 2017 and UC when I lost sdp 14 months ago. I got the refund for ESA wrong rate after a week of inquiries but the UC one which is from last July when I was forced on to Uc when I moved flats I e only had a journal msg from Clydebank
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @teardy1275, have you given the Universal Credit SDP line a call? They may be able to give you more information on a potential time frame. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • teardy1275
    I rang the sdp line and then received z journal msg and phone call telling me I'll receive transitional payments soon. If I didn't ring my claim was just froze on a desk and would never have been processed do I advise a people who have a claim to call the sdp line and hurry them up. I will get my money on next payment day which is 23rd. ...... can't wait
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's brilliant @teardy1275 and thank you for the tip for everyone else too. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • teardy1275
    For all the claimants that received their sdp refund I would suggest calling the sdp UC line ASAP. I rang after the advice from Adrian and found out my claim had been left dormant on a desk and they didn't tell me either. They thought I wasn't eligible so I challenged them and they agreed to pay me. I will receive my money and ongoing top ups from 23rd September my next assessment or pay date. So if u haven't heard anything give them a call!!! Good luck
  • teardy1275
    I had message on my journal today and I'll receive 1680 on Friday for the loss of my sdp . At last !!
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's great @teardy1275, I'm so pleased for you! It's taken a while but at least it's getting sorted now. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ptheshadow
    ptheshadow Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    edited September 2019
    I phoned them last week to give them a nudge & she took my details, put me on hold & then told me they were just getting around to the couples claims, so we may start to here from them, but I wonder if they're going to try & short change us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @teardy1275, I imagine that was such a relief, so happy for you!

I hope you aren't waiting much longer @ptheshadow!
    Scope

• ptheshadow
    I phoned the U/C SDP help line again yesterday & they told me, I was on the list to go onto the main list & that there were only a couple of people, doing the couples list & that they couldn't say how long it would be, but to phone them every month to see how it's going & so they don't forget me.
  • ptheshadow
    Just an update I've received my back payment & they've paying us £120 per month, but I've also had to phone U/C to see, why they've not payed us £405 a month for the first 3 months of the claim, as you don't get LCWRA for the first 3 months of your claim & they are looking into it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Great news they've finally sorted your backpay and future payments @ptheshadow. I hope they look into and sort the missing part for you quickly. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.