my pip report and award letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my pip report and award letter

angie29
angie29 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi i had a txt from dwp on 2nd sept i have just phone up today to ask about my claim and he said theres a letter thats been sent out already about theur desicion im fearing the worse now as all he said to me is that once i recieve the letter if you want to call us you can so im fearing my desicion is a no anyone else had there desicion as quick as this thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angie29 welcome to the community! The waiting times can vary due to your local area and if there is a backlog of claims or not. Did you request a copy of the assessment report? Keep us updated :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the forum @angie29. This is different across all areas of the UK, so please contact DWP on Monday to request a copy of the report. Keep us posted! 
  • angie29
    hi ami2301 i never asked for a copy off my report as it was only monday i had a txt from dwp saying they had recieved my report and when i phoned today my descison letter has been sent out and thanks will keep you updated fingers crossed :)
  • angie29
    thanks april2018mom will do
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    A copy of the assessment report can be requested a week or two after your assessment :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • angie29
    thanks ami2301 i will do :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you ask what the decision is? If it's been made then they will tell you but it takes about 24 hours for them to see that decision once it's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angie29
    poppy i had my home assesment on 29th aug then 2nd got a txt saying they recieved my report i phoned up today i asked how my claim was going he sed theres a letter in the post and he said if you want to call us back he said you can do so im presuming its bad news its been so quick from when i had my assesment thanks
  • poppy123456
    It seems like there's a letter on it's way but were you actually told it's the decision letter? It may just be a letter telling you they have all the information they need to make a decision, which is a standard letter sent to everyone.

You could have asked what the decision was when you rang, if it had been made they would have told you.

I wouldn't worry about the timescale. The shortest time i've waited for a decision after a face to face assessment was 4 days. Had assessment for PIP on the Monday, phone call from decision maker on the Thursday, i rang on the Friday and a decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • angie29
    yeah poppy he said it was desicion letter and wouldnt say nothing more to me
  • poppy123456
    He may not have been able to see what the decision was because they can't see it until about 24 hours after it's been made because it has to transfer from one computer to another. They can see it's been made but they can't tell you what it is at this point.

Ring again Monday if you haven't received the letter and ask what the decision is and they will tell you.Good luck.
  • angie29
    i will do poppy and thanks for all your help eased my mind ill let you know the outcome :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.