Decision reached! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision reached!

jannyb
jannyb Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
After getting zero on pip assessment then awarded 4 on mandatory i lodged my appeal couple weeks ago. Received some brilliant news today when a guy from pip who was sorting thru the papers to send to the tribunal rang me and offered me standard daily living and enhanced mobility! I'm over the moon,just the daily living would have made my day. Keep the faith! There are some nice ones on our side . 
They rang not long after i woke so i hope i didnt dream it ?

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    hurrah and yippee and glory be!
    some good news from PIP for a change.
    Thanks for sharing xx
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    It is standard practice for DWP to look at a decision again when preparing for a Tribunal. There is no point there being a Tribunal hearing if DWP realise from your Tribunal submission that they can award benefit.

I'm so glad you have got an award rather than having to wait for a tribunal, @jannyb .
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    seems they make these offers to avoid tribunal and admit the assessment report was wrong!

• jannyb
    david235 said:
    It is standard practice for DWP to look at a decision again when preparing for a Tribunal. There is no point there being a Tribunal hearing if DWP realise from your Tribunal submission that they can award benefit.

I'm so glad you have got an award rather than having to wait for a tribunal, @jannyb .
    I knew they did it..but with my **** luck i never thought theyd change mine lol
  • jannyb
    hurrah and yippee and glory be!
    some good news from PIP for a change.
    Thanks for sharing xx
    Thank you ? im so relieved 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    seems they make these offers to avoid tribunal and admit the assessment report was wrong!

I think its a combination of what you said and also of course the possibility that when people submit their tribunal case there is additional evidence supplied.

But for sure a jump from 0/4 to 8/12 is quite significant.  It does make you wonder whats going on to get such a difference of opinion across different decision makers.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Great news! I'm happy for you.
  • jannyb
    worried33 said:

I think its a combination of what you said and also of course the possibility that when people submit their tribunal case there is additional evidence supplied.

But for sure a jump from 0/4 to 8/12 is quite significant.  It does make you wonder whats going on to get such a difference of opinion across different decision makers.
    I sent some additional evidence..it was nothing amazing ,it hasnt been logged into the tribunal system yet as they said to allow at least 2 weeks for it too be logged. So the dwp hasnt recieved any of that yet. Im hoping the letter they send me contains which points were given where as id be interested to see how it jumped up by that much
  • jannyb
    Jurph said:
    Great news! I'm happy for you.
    Thank you Jurph ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.