UC assessment and backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC assessment and backpay

Doodledoo29
Doodledoo29 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I hope someone is able to answer my questions.

Firstly, My son had a f2f assessment yesterday and I wondered how long it takes to find out what support group he would be put in?

Secondly, his claim started in Sept 18 and hes been sending in fit notes since then. If he gets put into the support group will it be backdated from Sept when he sent his first fit note in?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Theres no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Once a decision has been made the letter will be uploaded onto his journal.

He can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to him by contacting UC. This will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

If the decision is LCWRA then he will receive an extra £336 per month backdated to the 4th month of his claim, from when he sent in his first fit note. This is because there’s a 3 month waiting period, in most cases. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Doodledoo29
    Ah, so he will get it  backdated from January then. I will contact uc about getting a copy of the assessment report. Thanks for the information Poppy.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you the very best of luck with the claim @Doodledoo29!
    Scope

• Doodledoo29
    Thanks Chloe 
  • Lisa1985
    Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    What does f2f stand for 
  • poppy123456
    Lisa1985 said:
    What does f2f stand for 
    face to face... it means an assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lisa1985
    Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    I don’t know if I’ve been claiming for sdp 
  • poppy123456
    Lisa1985 said:
    I don’t know if I’ve been claiming for sdp 
    Hi,

I just looked back your other previous threads and i see you're now claiming Universal Credit and SDP isn't paid when claiming UC.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.