Can you get a loan or grants when on PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you get a loan or grants when on PIP?

gavtodd11
gavtodd11 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
can you get a loan or some sort or grant when you are on PIP

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gavtodd11, and a warm welcome to the community!

Is the loan/grant for funding anything in particular? Do let us know and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction!
  • gavtodd11
    gavtodd11 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    i am moving house and need money to move and food cause i am a type 1 dieabetic
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gavtodd11 welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gavtodd11, it may be worth checking the online benefits calculator to see if there's anything else you could claim. There's also a grants search here which may be worth a look at, to see if there are any awards you would be eligible for. 

You may also be interested in this extra money and help PIP entitles you to, as there may be things in there that will help you to cover day to day costs. Hope this helps!
  • brookester
    brookester Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Im moving to a smaller property and was hoping to get help for carpets and settee etc as with my illness I have to throw out carpets settee and chairs etc as they've been destroyed by my incontinence but now have got the help and disability aids I need to control this. Tankyou.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Im moving to a smaller property and was hoping to get help for carpets and settee etc as with my illness I have to throw out carpets settee and chairs etc as they've been destroyed by my incontinence but now have got the help and disability aids I need to control this. Tankyou.

If there's no joy through that link then try looking on free sites to see what's available for furniture.

If you're moving to a privately rented property then these are usually already carpeted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Contact your local Volunteer centre as they often have either donations of furniture themselves to help or would know of an organisation locally to help, and/ or help you find local sources of charity funding and/or help you access grants given locally. 

https://www.ncvo.org.uk/ncvo-volunteering/find-a-volunteer-centre

https://www.volunteerscotland.net/

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• Lilliedog65
    Lilliedog65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I just need some money to pay my bills I’m receiving pip and universal credit my partner as finished work to care for me and now we are struggling a lot and the car we rely on is in garage going to cost about 600  to fix
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    I just need some money to pay my bills I’m receiving pip and universal credit my partner as finished work to care for me and now we are struggling a lot and the car we rely on is in garage going to cost about 600  to fix
    This is an old thread that you've posted on from 2019. For your UC have you reported your health condition and been through the work capability assessment? If your PIP includes the daily living part does your partner claim carers element of UC for looking after you?

Your local authority may have funds left from the Household Support Fund but you'll need to have a look on their website. The only issue maybe that because it's coming towards the end of the financial year, funds maybe running out. Whether you would be able to get financial help to help pay for repairs on your car is another matter. See link for details of the Household support fund. https://www.gov.uk/cost-living-help-local-council
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.