I have received my Pip but its differant — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have received my Pip but its differant

Sparklebright
Sparklebright Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi to all'

I have received my Pip but its a different amount as they haven't included the money as I am partially sighted as I didn't get to take my partially sighted paper with me but still think it should be included how can I still get them to include it what do I need to do. 
Please can you send me a link so this can be added to what they have given me. 

Sparklebright. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hi,

Could we have some more information please? Were you previously claiming PIP and was this a review? If so then what award did you previously have and what award do you have now?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright and a warm welcome to the community! Would you be able to give us a bit more information? That way we can give you accurate advice. :)
    Scope

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Sparklebright,

If your PIP is different then it could mean a few things:

you were previously getting a mobility and daily living component and they've removed one of these
    you were previously getting a component at a particular rate, and now you get a lower rate
    you were previously getting one component and now you get the other one (unlikely but not impossible).

If you think your PIP is wrong then the first step to take is to ask for a revision (called asking for a mandatory reconsideration). You might want to send in your partially sighted paper (or a copy of this) if that's important to the result. It can also be useful to ask for the assessment report so you can point out anything which isn't right, and if you are able to do so, explain which descriptors should apply to you (that is how you score points in PIP).

The descriptors are here.

The letter you've got from the DWP should explain how to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.

If you can give us more information though, then as Chloe and Poppy says, we can give you more targeted advice.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Sparklebright. I believe you recently had a PIP review? Have you received the decision for that yet? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.