Pip lawyer request urgently — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip lawyer request urgently

Options
sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
A telephone hearing Monday she said not my fault social worker let me down knowing he know wks ago lawyer goin to msg court now explaining the situation i been landed with u seriously want my tribunal hearing didn't know was telephone one

Comments

• sam12
    Options
    Lawyer email a good one to court to get telephone hearing Monday explaining what happened not my fault this. She keep me updated to i rang scope to 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @sam12, it isn't always very easy to get a telephone hearing as they're usually scheduled differently but I do hope they're able to sort this for you. 
    Please let us know when you hear anything. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Options
    More worrying ono. She explained not my fault social worker knew wks ago tell me last minute my lawyer explanation is good for court to read and my anxiety and not able to travel so far alone 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with Adrian here, that a telephone hearing may not be possible at such short notice. I really hope that something can be sorted for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    Options
    Lawyer email urgently to court not my fault this seriously i been totally let down last minute making me u well
    Please note we are forwarding this request after discussions with our client, who was due to be brought to court by her social worker. Unfortunately she has been informed today that her social worker is unable to take her owing to their insurance, which is the same relating to ourselves.Sadly owing to her having no money at all, she has no way of getting to the court even meeting us there, and she lives a 22 mile round trip from the court in Wigan and it is not an option for her to travel alone. She has illustrated to us her anxiety on a number of occasions and there is evidence to support this in her bundle and the Mandatory Reconsideration that we completed for her at the time of the decision. We respectfully request that you consider changing the tribunal hearing date on the 16th September to a telephone hearing to enable her to explain the difficulties to the best of her abilities to the panel, free from the anxiety of travelling and without the added financial burden this will impose.

We have been trying to help her the best that we can and have offered to attend pro bono at our own travel cost, but owing to the fact that we are in Wakefield and Manchester, that morning, we would be unable to travel to her home, pick her up and then take her to the court before the hearing. We are also not able to owing to insurance restrictions and are uninsured with client's in our vehicle.

I trust that reasonable adjustments can be made in this exceptional case and that a telephone hearing can be facilitated at such short notice.

You will find her email below, which was sent to the court today, as evidence of her intention and request originating from her.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Hi @sam12, I really hope they are able to sort something for you. It's such a shame neither your support worker or social worker can make it. Please let us know when you hear anything. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Options
    Yes lawyer will inform me ASAP thanks this a worry think help should support me not my fault i really Wana to go again not my fault no money at all so far away cause me fortune being alone to i would not be safe 
  • sam12
    Options
    Accept my mr on paper grounds i have s good strong case my anxiety hit thr cracking level probably another sleepless nite. Least lady on tonight 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Have you had any updates from them about possible adjournment or telephone hearing?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Options
    Not yet Maybe later or tomorrow she inform me

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.