LCWRA back pay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA back pay

david93
david93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 
i have started handing sick notes into UC in November 2017, had my assessment in April 2018 and placed into LCW group and I appealed for the LCWRA group which got rejected in june 2018. 

I took this to tribunal which I won recently in July 2019. They have only backdated my LCWRA from November 2018 because they are saying that as the UC switched from live service to full service they can only back date me from when my account went active online from August 2018, is this right? 

Technically i should have been paid from Feb or March 2018 as I was handing sick notes in from November 2017. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @david93 and a warm welcome to the community. 
    This does seem to be a common problem for those who have been on Universal Credit since before it was 'full service'. 
    As long as there have been no breaks in your fit notes, it does sound like you should be backdated to Feb/March 2018. Unfortunately, the Live and Full systems don't 'talk' to one another and a lot of people are finding the same problem you are. Have you asked for it to be sent to a decision maker? I believe you'll need to get in touch with the live system to request the additional backdating. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • david93
    david93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for the welcome, 

Everything you have explained I have already done, was just a bit unsure as the advisor I spoke to from UC said she was also unsure so it sounds like i have done the right thing, will just be a waiting game to see what happens. There is currently no way of speaking to the live service the number isn’t in use anymore they said I will probably have to wait for a phone call. 

But thank you for the info I just needed the advice to make sure I was making the correct steps, many thanks @Adrian_Scope.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    No problem @david93, I hope for a speedy and positive resolution for you. Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.