Pip renewal due april 2020 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal due april 2020

cb1976
cb1976 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
When should I hear when I have to renew pip claim my due april 2020 and what does the renewal process involve xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end so it will be sometime in November you'll receive review forms.

When you receive those form you should treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. Evidence will be needed to support your claim so i'd advise you to start to gather some now and then you'll be prepared once the forms arrive.

Basically it's the same process the first time you applied.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cb1976
    What kind of evidence would I need
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    @cb1976 anything that has information about you, and how you function on a day to day basis, PIP is based on functional tests.

If you have diagnosis for any of your medical conditions will help,  but it's not about your diagnosis as functional evidence is better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• cb1976
    My mental and physical health has got worse do i need to inform pip or should i wait until my revirw date
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    You could report a change in circumstances now @cb1976 , which would trigger an early reassessment, or you could just wait for your review papers.

There is an obligation to report any improvement in your condition which might mean you are being paid too much benefit. However, it is difficult to say there is any obligation to report deterioration; at most you are denying yourself additional benefit. Nobody is obliged to claim benefit if they do not want to.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    As you'll receive your review forms very soon then my advice it to wait. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll be awarded a higher rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.