pip appeal "Terrible experience and still none of the wiser — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip appeal "Terrible experience and still none of the wiser

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
had my pip appeal today 2.50 and came out the room at 4.15 it felt i was in court and i had committed a crime back and fourth between 3 panel peoples they did not  seem be worried about my physical disabilities as they said we do not need to question them as we have enough medical evidence so they are fine but on my mental heath it felt they were putting on me i ended up in tears the doctor said we dont mean to upset you but we need to know how everyday effects you all i can say is the person before me got called back in with their answer after they grilled me for over a hr i was told thats it .we write to you n post thank you for your time im just glad its all over to be honest  so ow i still wait for outcome 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That is good news!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Lots of people don't receive the decision on the day of their hearing but it doesn't mean a decision hasn't gone in their favour, it just means a decision couldn't be made today. They usually write to you within a couple of days so hopefully you'll receive the decision letter on Friday, Saturday at the latest.

Good luck and please let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I’m sorry it was such a bad experience for you @misstracey. To echo Poppy, not receiving the answer on the day isn’t necessarily a negative. I hope you hear quickly.  
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.