Hi, my name is paineveryday - Spinal ops — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paineveryday - Spinal ops

paineveryday
paineveryday Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi,  I have just discovered Scope. I have had two spinal ops on my neck(ruptured C6/C7  on the right side)in 2011 I had a Cercial Discectomy(on the front) in may 2012 
September 2016 my C5/C6 ruptured on the left side. I had a posterior fromeotomy on the 28th of February 2017.
the pain I suffer every day on both sides of my neck can be very bad at times(usually if I do somthing I'm not supposed too do. I'm 59yrs old and I have 10 grandchildren so it's very hard not to lift one of the babies if they crying and upset.
Iasked my consultant what would happen if my neck go's again. He said the only thing will be too control it with pain medication.
I asked him had if he any advice on what not to do, he said don't sneeze too hard. I laughed but he was deadly serious.
the worst thing about all of this is people can't see your injury and they look at you as you have ten heads as you try to explain your disability because I look perfectly normal but the can't see the state my neck is in.  I have pain in my right leg(from my neck)in  both arms I have general pain and pain from nerve damage. I have narrowing on both sides of the spinal canal. So basically I'm a crock??
I have tried  over the last 8yrs not to lose my sense of humour, at times this is impossible when the pain takes over. I can't sit for any length of time and has an awful effect on where I can go. I tell myself chin up every day as that's only thing I can do.??

Comments

Brightness