Need Help Please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need Help Please

Smiles70
Smiles70 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I've been on DLA for around 15yrs with middle rate care and high mobility, I have recently had my assessment etc and they are stopping all my New pip award as you can imagine I have been really poorly the last 5 days with stress worry etc but I need help I am appealing against this as its ridiculous but in the meantime my payments stop as of 9th oct my husband is my carer and will lose that I do have contribution ESA which ive find out I keep but I've no clue where to start for my husband so I'm not losing as much money.. its bad enough losing my mobility car which is adapted for myself. can anyone shed any light onto what my husband can claim whilst go through appeal?

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Smiles70

Have you rung CAB for advice or not? Use this link to help prepare for a mandatory reconsideration and tribunal. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/
  • Smiles70
    Thank you for responding to my question..no I've not contact cab.. I was told by my ESA advisor to look on .Gov but nothing can answer my question . As to if he needs to go on job seekers or income support I'm on universal credit so do I ask them I just dont know and feel like giving up .. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming you were refused PIP and it was a transfer from DLA is this correct? If so then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you shouldhave scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Do be aware that DLA was different to PIP, PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors, not about a diagnosis.

If you've been a motability customer since before the end of 2013 then they will in contact with you to speak to you.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting lists for hearings are huge across most of the country and people are waiting a year and more for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

I see you're claiming Contributions based ESA.

Are you claiming Universal credit as a couple or is your partner claiming Income Support with the carers allowance?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Smiles70
    Hi Poppy123456
    yes Iam going to appeal as the assessor has lied on some things ie I can get dressed No i cant and I even told her this my husband was told to be quiet as I had to answer then she was saying "your not stupid" when I was telling her how i muggle things up and cant get my words out..
    also said i have full spinal movement I can literally ben over and touch the middle of my thigh with my hands I have spinal stenosis and spondylosis .. I need help to deffo put my lower clothes on until they reach my thigh anywaay and i need help with putting my foot brace on as I have a dropped foot....

Ive had a mobility vehicle for 15 years.
    I am on universal as a couple my husband just got the carers allowance paid direct. now I have no clue what happens from the 9th Oct..... I just have no energy left as the pip letter as taken my last little bit I had.. Im totally broken ...
  • poppy123456
    You need to tell them why you need to the help you do, explain in as much detail as possible. Go through each descriptor one by one, given all your information.

Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. They will only be interested in where you think you should have scored those points and why.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

The carers allowance will stop, as well as the carers element of UC. UC standard allowance couples rate will continue, also the LCWRA element, so will your housing element, if you claim this.

Put your post code into this link to see whats available in your area for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Smiles70
    Thank you Poppy123456
    Will my husband need to claim jobseekers as he is no longer my carer ,its all so complicated.

• poppy123456
    You're welcome. He can't claim JSA because you're both claiming UC as a couple and this has now replaced JSA. He will most likely be sent an appointment to attend his local job centre to see his work coach for a work focus interview. As he no longer claims carers allowance he will need to agree to work commitments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.