Tribunal date finally arrived! - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date finally arrived!

Comments

• xxjoxx
    xxjoxx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    @poppy123456 just got letter to say they have recieved it. Hopefully wont be to long. Was wondering how many cases gt resolved and not go to the tribunal. Thank you for all you help. So good this group dont make you feel like your alone cheers
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good. It's highly unlikely she will be offered a higher award at this stage so expect to have to appear at the hearing on the date given. Hopefully, it will go ahead without any problems and a decision will be made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    @poppy123456

So the court accepted delivery of her extra evidence today.  The trouble is, she sent it Monday, TEN days before her tribunal, and now the stupid post only delivered it today, SIX days until tribunal, so under the 7 required.

Just wondering if now they will look at the date it was sent and accept it.
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea i'm afraid. That's not something anyone can answer. If there's any issues on the day they will adjourn the hearing. Hopefully this won't happen but it has been known.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456

It’s not adjourned for another year is it?
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales but another year would be rather insane lol. Once another date becomes available they write to her.
  • PIPnewbie
    There's no timescales but another year would be rather insane lol. Once another date becomes available they write to her.
    Oh thank God haha
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456

It’s the big day tomorrow.  Quite nervous for my partner.  Hope she gets a higher and longer award.

I’m travelling down to take her.  Will I be allowed to sit next to her in there even if I can’t speak for her?
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Good luck @PIPnewbie . I hope it all goes well for your partner. 

• PIPnewbie
    Thank you @Jurph

That is kind of you to say :smile:
  • poppy123456
    Good luck. You will be able to sit next to her. It's nothing like a court room. It's just a room with a table. You won't be able to speak for her but they may ask you at the end if there's anything you would like to add.

Let us know the outcome.
  • PIPnewbie
    @poppy123456

Just had her Tribunal and the panel were three very nice people.  Very inquisitive, but fair and friendly.  They really helped calm things down.  My partner cried a lot and they were very understanding, even letting me chime in.

The court clerk was an absolute wonderful chap who gave us tips and advice before going in.

Anyway, onto the drumroll moment, what the end result was!

After we left the room we went to a side room and the clerk came back to say there’s no need to go back in as they have made their decision!

Well she retained her Standard Daily Living, which when going through the descriptors and what aids there are to help, I can see their point, and feel it is fair.

But... they awarded her Enhanced Mobility :smiley::smiley::smiley:

They also extended the award for another 3 years! :smiley:

So right now we are quite elated!

The only nagging doubt is the clerk said don’t quote him on it but they said Enhanced Mobility and you’ve won your appeal!

But he said a letter will be sent out today to arrive Monday or Tuesday!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited September 2019
    You liked to keep us in suspense with that post, didn't you @PIPnewbie:D
    I'm really glad she was awarded Enhanced Mobility and they extended her reward. What a relief for you both! I’m sorry it was such a difficult experience for her and I hope you can both have a relaxing evening to I recover. Fingers crossed the letter arrives quickly to allay any of those nagging doubts.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • PIPnewbie
    @Adrian_Scope sorry about that :blush: but it felt after such a long road it required a nice reveal :smiley:

I just hope clerks who deal with this regularly aren’t in the habit of quoting awards wrongly!
  • poppy123456
    Great news! I'm not sure i understand what the nagging doubt is though but usually they do send the decision letter within a couple of days. Let us know when she receives it.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It definitely did @PIPnewbie. You've been on quite the journey! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • PIPnewbie
    Great news! I'm not sure i understand what the nagging doubt is though but usually they do send the decision letter within a couple of days. Let us know when she receives it.

It was just the way the clerk said, “You’ve kept your Standard Daily Living but you’ve got Enhanced Mobility... don’t quote me on that, but yeah you’ve won your appeal and we’ll send you a letter to arrive by Monday or Tuesday.”

In the Tribunal I’m amazed they did take those very late medical letters on board, and even took something into account she took in today, even her diagnosis for fibromyalgia that came after her award they took into account.
  • poppy123456
    The reason they took the fibromyalgia diagnosis into account was because the way her conditions affect her were previously mentioned. The actual diagnosis makes no difference and it's not classed as a worsening condition. I did advise this several months ago.

Glad it's all over for you.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Great news!

Hopefully, the letter won't take too long now.
  • PIPnewbie
    The reason they took the fibromyalgia diagnosis into account was because the way her conditions affect her were previously mentioned. The actual diagnosis makes no difference and it's not classed as a worsening condition. I did advise this several months ago.

Glad it's all over for you.

Yes sorry that’s what I meant.  They allowed her to describe the symptoms as fibromyalgia when answering how she felt at the time of the award, because of the diagnosis.

And thank you so much @Jurph

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.