My Year On ESA Is Ending Next Month - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Year On ESA Is Ending Next Month

2»

Comments

• kevin52
    kevin52 Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Hi Adrian ,  Still no news From DWP On My Medical , Still nothing Either From My PiP Claim , Been Over 3 Weeks Waiting On The PiP Form , Think they Have forgot About Me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for the ESA. For the PIP then you should ring them to chase up where that form is because you should have received it by now. Ring them tomorrow.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kevin52, give PIP a ring and ask about the form, as Poppy said you should have received it by now. Hopefully you'll start getting some answers soon!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kevin52
    They Phoned Me Yesterday , asked Me to Take 2 forms Of ID to JCP With My NI Number Yo Be Cpoied And They Will Do the Rest  At JCP ? Is this Correct ? Also Will It Affect My Current ESA Claim ?
  • poppy123456
    kevin52 said:
    They Phoned Me Yesterday , asked Me to Take 2 forms Of ID to JCP With My NI Number Yo Be Cpoied And They Will Do the Rest  At JCP ? Is this Correct ? Also Will It Affect My Current ESA Claim ?
    I'm not sure why you need to do this. I thought you were claiming ESA? Have you started a claim for Universal credit?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kevin52
    Am On ESA In The Support Group , It Was DWP Who Phoned And Asked Me To do This So They Can Start My Claim Of .

• poppy123456
    kevin52 said:
    Am On ESA In The Support Group , It Was DWP Who Phoned And Asked Me To do This So They Can Start My Claim Of .

I'm sorry but i'm still confused. Start your claim off for what? what benefit have you claimed for please?
  • kevin52
    PIP ,  Some Weeks Back , about 6/7 Weeks Ago . I forgot all about It Till They Phoned Me The Other Day .
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure why you've been asked to go to your local JCP with your ID because this isn't how you claim PIP. To claim PIP you ring the PIP helpline and apply over the phone, they then send you the PIP2 form in the post. No appointment is needed at the JC at all.
  • kevin52
    I Did Apply over the Phone About 7/8 Weeks Ago , But I Never Got Any Form From Them To Fill In .
    It Seems A Bit Strange To Me Too  Dont Know what To Do About It . To Do It Or Not .
  • poppy123456
    The only time you would be asked to attend you local job centre with ID is when you've claimed Universal credit. Are you sure you didn't claim this?

As you applied for PIP and haven't received the form you will need to ring DWP and ask them to send another to you and tell them you haven't received anything.
  • kevin52
    edited November 2019
    They Phoned Me A Few Weeks  Back Saying They Had Plenty Information So They Sent Me The form Out And I Posted It Back today ,  So Hope to Hear From Them Soon . :)
  • kevin52
    Adrian ,  Still nothing From DWP On Medical , thats 6 Months now !  Still Getting Payed Ok .
    Everthing DWP Is moving to Scotland Just Now  , By 2023 It Will all Be done In Scotland .
    So I hope It Will Be Done Much Much Better Than DWP Did. :)
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales for assessments or decisions and this applies to ESA and PIP. Your ESA will continue until a decision's been made on the work capability assessment.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you aren't waiting too much longer @kevin52!
    Scope

• kevin52
    edited December 2019
    Got My Letter In , With A Weeks Notice .
    Told them I Had Gas Check That Afternoon , So Asked for Another Date And Afternoon .
    Nothing They Could Give Me Over The Phone , No Dates Coming up On The System.
    So A Letter Will Come When They Can Set A New Afternoon App.
    There Was No Gas Check , Just Thought I Would P*** Them Off A Bit :)

• kevin52
    Had A Medical Chole Today At The New Centre In Glasgow ,  Big Change From the Old One ,
    Seen A Very nice Lady In Her Mid 30s Who Made Me Feel At Ease right Away , with In 5 Mins She told Things Would Be Ok I Had nothing to Worrie about :) , Kept Calling Me Bud And Pal During It LoL Lasted 30 Mins Told Me I Will Hear In 2 To 3 Weeks , also Said I Will See you In A Years Time So Hope Things Go Ok But It Gives Me Hope . Maybe Next Time I Will Ask For A Woman Cause I Feel More At Ease Speaking About Things Than I Would To A Man .
  • poppy123456
    I'm glad it went ok but i really wish they wouldn't say things like that to people because it's not what they are supposed to do, they are there to assess you and nothing else.

My advice will be to ring DWP in about a week and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Once you receive it you need to take note of the LCW and LCWRA recommendations in the back of the report. If you don't understand it then post back here and someone will help you.

As for the timescale you were, that's nothing more than a guide because there's no timescales. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Good luck.
  • ozzy19721968
    ozzy19721968 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hi guys hope some one can help just been advised to stop working I already get pip advanced for both my partner still works full time I am wondering if I am able to claim any other benefits than pip if my partner works full time 
  • poppy123456
    Hi guys hope some one can help just been advised to stop working I already get pip advanced for both my partner still works full time I am wondering if I am able to claim any other benefits than pip if my partner works full time 

HI,

May i ask who advised you to stop working? It's not as simple as that. If you're eligible for SSP from your employer then you would need to claim this with a fit note from your GP for 28 weeks before anything else. See link. https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay

If you're claiming tax credits then this will continue as normal. If you're not claiming tax credits, then Universal Credit maybe possible while you're claiming SSP BUT as it's a means tested benefit then claiming it will depend on your circumstances and you will need to claim as a couple with your partner. Your partners earnings and your SSP will be counted as income. Using a benefits calculator will help you know what you maybe entitled to, if anything.

If you're not entitled to UC then once your SSP ends then you maybe able to claim New style ESA but this is based on your NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years from working. If you've paid enough then you'll be able to claim this. Hope this helps.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.