Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

nikki1
nikki1 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, I am new here. I have fibromyalgia ddd and myopathy. Its getting worse! Can't walk far without needing a wheelchair. Has anyone got the above? How do u cope with weakness? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello  @nikki1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am sorry what you are going through.  

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join our community.

There will be members of our community who be able to advise you.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly.

Hope that helps you.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything. Some one will know.

From our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • nikki1
    Thank you for your message. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nikki1 and a very warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with weakness at the moment. I hope other members will be able to provide with you support.

@Fibrosurvivor and has recently joined :)

If there is anything I can do to help then please let me know!
    Scope

• Fibrosurvivor
    Fibrosurvivor Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi nikki hi i get muscle weakness too and have to sometimes use a wheelchair , I often can't go out because I feel so weak and fatigued my advice is rest pacing and do only activity that is at a comfortable level . It's very hard when you are feeling weakness and pain and fatigue , it's very gradual changes that might help hugs hunni I'm coming from a similar place with some of what your going through ?
  • nikki1
    Hi, thank you so much for Answering! It's nice to know that I am not on my own, (even though I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy!) stay strong! And thank you again 
  • Fibrosurvivor
    Fibrosurvivor Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi nikki1 I'm always around if you need some advice on here , and you're right it's always nice if there's someone to talk to who is going through similar things , even though as you say we wouldn't wish on our worst enemy
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi Nikki. I have fibromyalgia. I also have ME. I don't use a wheelchair but do sometimes struggle to put one foot in front of the other due to
    pain and poor balance. When i
    am having a bad day i
    use my crutches. I use hemp balm to rub on my joints. It helps ease the pain. Keep smiling and don't let it win!
  • nikki1
    Hi deb 74, sorry for the late reply!. Thank you, and you too. Stay strong. 
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @nikki1 I have Fibromyalgia as well as Ankylosing Spondylitis and chronic fatigue. I mange mine with gabapentin, ibuprofen but drugs never make the pain go away. I find gentle exercise helps. Daily stretches are very important. I also swim and pilates. Magnesium helps muscles too but I thinking moving as much as possible but pacing is the most important thing. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • nikki1
    Hi there, thanks for your reply. Yes I do tai chi, it helps so much. But some days it's hard to move. Depends on the day! Good luck, keep strong. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing guys :) 
    I've never thought of doing tai chi for chronic pain, I'll have to look it up!
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nikki1 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear about your health struggles.  I have Spina Bifida and suffer some pain also.  I too do Tai Chi and have found that this does help me.  I'm glad to see some of our members have been getting in touch with you and offering you support and friendship.  If there is anything else we can help you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness