Blue badge. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge.

Kev101
Kev101 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi .Who did we used to apply to for an orange badge back in the 90s.I contacted my council who told me they only have my records from 2006.But I’ve had an orange badge then a blue badge for 25 years.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kev101   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide and advise new members who join the community.

In response to your question. I always thought that you had to apply to your local Council.

I used to have a blue badge.

I had applied last time on line.   My County Council.

I know some one from our community or a member of our team may be able to advise you.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Kev101, if you have been renewing your blue badge on a regular basis then records should show unless you have moved between your last badge renewal. It looks as you may have to reapply and have an assessment to see if you meet the criteria for navigation blue badge which if it’s proven or seen that you have Mobility issues a blue badge should be issued. Keep us updated on your application.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    blue badges last 3 years. havent you renewed your`s in that time?
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

@Kev101....The change started in the year 2000 as explained in this link taken from The Guardian newspaper dated 2002......

Once, the colour of disability was orange. Orange badges in car windscreens proclaimed the disabled owner's right to parking concessions. Then, two years ago, under a Europe-wide harmonisation, a new parking badge was introduced and its colour was blue. The blue badge was designed to bring uniformity to 12 countries' differing parking schemes.

Not all areas switched over at once however.  I think London was later than many in delaying its introduction.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Addendum.....originally you would apply to your local authority but I now believe you apply to a central location and only pick up your badge and pay for it from your local authority.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness