Can LCWRA be backdated? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can LCWRA be backdated?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Ahh yes, if your payment date is the 7th, your assessment dates must be a little earlier than we calculated above, meaning you will have missed out on receiving the extra payment by a few days. It should definitely be in your next breakdown though. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • marie222
    marie222 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Josy and Norfolk123

hi just out of curiosity how did you both get on in the end did it get sorted for you as im in a similar situation....tia

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @marie222, how are you getting on? You say you're in a similar situation?
    Scope

• ptheshadow
    ptheshadow Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    edited October 2019
    Just a tip for anyone putting a claim in for LCWRA, if your doctor puts on the fit note Indefinitely, put in the date of the day before you started your claim & the date after your 80th birthday, as they don't accept the fit notes without dates on them, as the computer doesn't recognise the word Indefinitely, it only recognises dates.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for the tip @ptheshadow! How are you getting on? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ptheshadow
    ptheshadow Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I'm doing fine thank you, just waiting for U/C to do their thing.
  • 2276tina
    2276tina Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi,

The extra money paid for LCWRA isn't paid until the 14th week of your claim. Unfortunately this is the rules and they apply to everyone and it's not anything to do with your son having a life long disability. You don't stand any chance of having this money backdated to the start of the UC because the first 13 weeks are called assessment rate. See this link and scroll down for work capability assessment for  confirmation of the 13 week assessment rate. 
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/universal-credit-for-disabled-people

Hi ive waited 11 months for my assessment and passed for LCWRA group. Will they backdate me. 47 weeks ive waited. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger

LCWRA under UC because there's a 3 month waiting period, it's not paid until the 4th full assessment period. How much you're backdated will depend when you sent in your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mike72
    Mike72 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Thanks Poppy. 

I have just rang the number you have just given me and guess what? The system is down, try phoning next week was the response. 
    If I wasn't in such a critical predicament financially then this would be comical. 
    What can one do?? 
    Thanks

M. 
  • tcopping1
    tcopping1 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    I signed on 2nd April. First sick note 11th April. Sent capability form of 27th August. Was told today 11th that I’m in LCWRA GROUP and reassessment in 10 months. Was told to wait and here about any money owing within the next 7 days. My question is how many months am I entitled to (back dated) and will I receive this in the next week or on 8th January when my next payments due? So confusing Cheers
  • Mike72
    I'm in a simmilar situation. 

I received the first payment of one month LCWRA element on 07/11 after waiting 5 months. I never even received a decision/award letter advising me until I sent the same message to my advisor for 3 consecutive days before I received a response. I will be informed of any back dated amount within 7 days. 

I am genuinely at a loss as to why the DWP makes you wait for 4 months (sick notes supplied) and then just gives you 1 months payment. What about the 3 months where I have handed in proof of my illness? They are just completely disregarded. I'm just glad the long wait is over and I now have a stable income for 2 years. I don't have the energy to persue it any longer.

Good luck to you tcopping1 ?

M.

• tcopping1
    I was told that I should of got it 8th December but they back tracked and started ignoring me. Received normal amount then told today 10th I will here in 7 day regarding any money owing. But I think they will just do it in January. 
    Why didn’t they give you the money they owed you on the 7/11 doesn’t make sense. When I was getting ESA it was so much easier.  
    Take care Mike72
  • Mike72
    I'm quite honestly not holding my breath waiting to be informed within 7 days. That deadlines up on Friday. I sent a message on my journal, no response then duplicated and sent again and then again before I finally received a reply advising me 7 days. I had to fight to get them to post an award/decision in my journal. I received that after I was payed (total lol) I was also asked to accept my commitments prior to seeing any paperwork. Effectively it is a contract you are engaging in? But what do I know?

Its astonishing  but really, what can you do?  
  • tcopping1
    yes yes I received a commitments first then told 7 days etc. 
    But like you my coach worker just keeps fobbing me off. So I sent a reply saying they were playing games with my physical and mental health by not being up front and honest with me. That’s when things starting moving quicker. 
    All I’ve ever wanted is for them to be up front. I don’t suffer fools gladly, they treat us as if we’re beneath them and have no understanding  of what is right and what is wrong.

life's hard enough. 
  • Mike72
    Well said, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. 

Like you, it wasn't until I sent 6 paragraphs expressing my discontent, apprehension and basically, astonishment at the way in which I had been treated. One thing I did notice was that when I was once overplayed they were in contact with me, all formal like, to redeem the overpayment but they are not so forthcoming with the financial assistance that I am 100% entitled to. I have payed my taxes etc for many many years and I need them the support right now.

If you have the energy ctopping1 then fight for what is rightfully yours, Good luck. 

M. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There's 3 month waiting period BUT it's 3 full assessment periods from when you sent your first fit note. Even when it was the old ESA there was a 13 week waiting period. The rules haven't changed, except UC pays 1 month is arrears which means you don't receive the extra LCWRA element until the 4th month of your claim.

@tcopping1 in my calculations you will be owed backdated money from August. It's possible that you will receive the backdated money separately to your monthly money especially if the decision was made after your assessment period ended this month.

May i also add that the timescale you've been given is just a guide and nothing more. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. LCWRA is an ongoing award for as long as you remain in that group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jarzar
    jarzar Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I had my assessment 6 months ago & am still waiting for a decision. I already get PIP. My work coach said they can't speed up the process but said that on my notes it's a complex case. What does this mean? My work coach didn't know & couldn't find out. Also, is there anybody who can be contacted to see what is going on & how much longer I have to wait?
  • tcopping1
    I found that if I rang DWP at every stage of the process things started to move on quicker. Mine took 18 weeks from sending off my assessment form. But I know if I didn’t keep contacting them the process would of taken a lot longer. 
    Good luck with it all. 
    Teresa. X
  • jarzar
    jarzar Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    tcopping1 said:
    I found that if I rang DWP at every stage of the process things started to move on quicker. Mine took 18 weeks from sending off my assessment form. But I know if I didn’t keep contacting them the process would of taken a lot longer. 
    Good luck with it all. 
    Teresa. X
    Hi Theresa, thanks for your reply, its about 8 months since I sent my form in, I've already had the assessment (6 months ago). I'm constantly ringing & contacting DWP on my journal page, but nobody can give me any answers.
  • Abbielilly12
    Abbielilly12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hiya ano this is old but i hav had to weit 18 months and still weiting for a bak  pament is ridiclus 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.