Named driver — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Named driver

SAckek84
SAckek84 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, im getting higher level mobility rate for PIP. A friend mentioned that i should be able to get discounted car tax for my partner as he is my main carer and takes me to hospital and doctors appointments etc. Is this true? And if so, how do i register him?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Enhanced rate mobility entitles you to free road tax BUT the vehicle it's used for must be used for your purposes only. You don't need to be in the car for every journey, as long as the purpose of the journey is for you.

You don't register him, you need to claim your free road tax when you next renew it. To do this you'll need the entitlement certificate that came with your PIP award. You just take this and all your other documents to your local post office. If you don't have this then you'll need to ring DWP to request a copy to be sent to you.  Details in this link. https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-exemption

Enhanced rate mobility also entitles you to exchange your money for a mobility car of your choice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A warm welcome to the community @SAckek84! :) I hope Poppy has been able to answer this for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness