Has anyone received one of these forms? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone received one of these forms?

Options
Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
Hi all, I need to locate what DWP form this is part of, as it's very discriminating in its wording.
if anyone has received one of these, please could you state the number or its reference to it.

Many thanks. While I'm here I will ask my friend @poppy123456 have you ever come across one of these, or even seen one..

This is the only part we have of this form and can't identify it from just this.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    If any one can shed light on this form please do.
    Iv come across this stuff where you have to pretend your not ill before.
    It's to make nasty people who committee hate crime to feel better
  • Government_needs_reform
    Options
    @Misscleo we are trying to find out which form this actually is? As it's just come to light, we are trying to get the information on this, but I'm wondering if it could be the UC, work health program form, for short WHP form. We are trying to find out about it's orientation it's a very tasteless act of the DWP.

It's very discriminative in its context.

So if anyone has received one please let me know thanks in advance.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform hello my friend, so sorry for the very late reply. In the middle of moving house and have had no time to myself today.

I'm afraid i've never seen anything like that before, that's a new one on me. My guess is, it's one of the old benefits like IB but i'm really only guessing as i never claimed that.

I'd be interested to know, if you do find out what it's from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for letting me know,  it's not an old form my friend,  I hope the move is going Ok.❤️ been working on campaigning, and it's a new form that us are trying to get it latest information on it.

I will of course let you know when we find out. It's not very pleasant in its wording and believe it's to make claimants downplay their wording as you know things can get taken out of context. Trusting the DWP is not in my nature.

⬇️

edited October 2019
    Options
    @poppy123456 Bingo. Hahaha.

We have located the original source text for this, and why Jobcentre is using this. We've put in a freedom of information request, but I believe it forms part of the Work Health Program type test.

Jobcentre tells claimants: "avoid terms such as Depression, M.E., or low back pain, etc" - 'creating a positive health statement'

⬇️

edited October 2019
    Options
    @poppy123456 latest news on this.

We won......?

DWP pull Jobcentre document on chronic illness after disabled people's outcry

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) today confirmed the document was being withdrawn after concerns were brought to their attention by the Mirror.

See the full story here https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dwp-pull-jobcentre-document-chronic-20538290

The Guardian also covering the story of the disgusting Disability discrimination from the DWP; the document they've been forced to withdraw. See the full article here https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/oct/08/jobseekers-told-to-call-their-depression-low-mood-on-applications
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform that's fantastic news!!! I'm so happy to hear that it's been withdrawn. It makes me wonder what they will come up with next :(

I haven't moved yet, i just collected my keys because adaptions needed to be done before i can move in, as well as decorating and some carpets. Move in date is Saturday and i'll be glad once we are in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    Options
    @poppy123456 it was quite amazing really how we all managed to get it passed.

Also to be fair Marsha was amazing for bringing this up so quickly in Parliament today. She is a lovely lady.

Us group of campaigners found this was totally disgraceful & the wrong doings by the DWP. We cracked it in less than 30hours thanks to a lovely lady on Facebook, now the DWP has now withdrawn it. Great result to everyone that was involved..

poppy, we won't give up getting things change with the DWP.

It a nightmare moving I've done it so many times I won't be doing it again, wishing well with it.... you have heard Labour has pledge to scrap UC and stop the Managed Migration if they get elected. Their even going to put the minimum wage up to £10 and anyone aged 16 upwards will get the same pas as an over 25. This will all be implemented as soon as they win a GE.
    ⬇️

Brightness