LCWRA - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

13»

Comments

• phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    @christiantayleure4

you can hand in sick notes for a year....they won’t backdate until the claim was made and waiting period has passed 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    @phoeiblaze i'm sorry but that's not correct. The first sick note wasn't sent until 2nd May, which means it doesn't start from February. The waiting period is 3 months from when the first sick note was sent. If given LCWRA then it's paid from the 4th complete assessment period after your first sick note was sent, which means it totally depends on when the assessment period is.

This is a complete random example.. a claimant has 3 AP periods between 21st June and 20th September. LCWRA element would start from AP 21st September to 20th October, so the extra element would be received in the October payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Hi @christiantayleure4, I hope this answers your query, but if you have anything else you want to know, please don't hesitate to ask.

Poppy: I think you and phoeiblaze might be saying the same thing. I believe phoeiblaze was using February as an example to explain how it works, rather than trying to say that's when it would start for christiantayleure4.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    @Adrian_Scope @poppy123456

Lol yup Adrian. I didn't  see when he made the claim itself, only when he put in sick notes.

Poppy: I used my own claim period as an example which is why I said 'Example' in my posting so he can get an idea if how to calculate.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.