What will happen if I leave job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What will happen if I leave job

dpryor
dpryor Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I am worried about finding work if I leave my current job... it is too stressful and makes me sad.

I live in a village and can't drive plus busses are only 2 hourly. I have always lived I  a town so travel has never been a  issue for me before I feel trapped.

How will my ADHD affect my prospects and will I be entitled to benefits while I look for work 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) is a benefit for people who are actively looking for work. However, this is what I have found online:
    You are likely to be penalised by the loss of Jobseekers Allowance for around three months if you left your last job voluntarily, unless you can show that you did so for “good reason”.

Have you thought about looking for a new job while you continue in your current role?

Scope

• Pia_Scope
    Pia_Scope Scope Posts: 41 Pioneering
    Hi@dpryor

As it has been a while since you posted, I do not know if you are still in the same job.
    If you're not, then I hope that you have been able to make a claim for benefits without being penalised.
    If you're still in the same job, have you started to look for another more suitable role?

For an employer, you are always more employable when you are in work, so that's the time to start to look for something else and by the sound of your circumstances, maybe a home based role would be a good option for you?

Should you feel that you could benefit from further support and advise, then our Support to work service might be an option.
    You can read more about us here;
    https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work/

Thank you for your query & I wish you all the best.

Kind regards
    Pia

Pia
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

• Rebe22
    Rebe22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
     I am currently in work 36 hours per week and have been for 21 years, this month. I am now getting to the point where I would like to work less hours just cutting down to 28.75 hrs (4 days a week) for health reasons but can’t seem to find any information on working out what my revised earnings would be. Obviously I need to know what I would have to live on before I can make a decision. I have my salary as well Mobility Allowance. (PIP)
    My employee support can’t advise on financial matters and referred me to CAB. All they told me was that if I cut down to 16 hours a week I would be entitled to Housing Benefit. I am not wanting to reduce to 16 hours and not asking for more benefits I just want a reliable figure as to what my earnings would be.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Rebe22 and welcome to the community. This would depend on what your hourly rate is. If you're happy to share that we can try and work out roughly what you might be earning on reduced hours.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Guy_Scope
    Guy_Scope Scope Posts: 26 Courageous
    Hi @Rebe22
    You could use this salary calculator to work out what you get paid an hour currently and then use it to work out what you would get paid on the same hourly rate but for 4 days a week https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/hourly.php
    Guy
    Employment Team Manager
    Scope's Support To Work

Brightness