Service to move individual who cant do stairs from 1st floor at home to 3rd floor at relative house — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Service to move individual who cant do stairs from 1st floor at home to 3rd floor at relative house

kevinleah
kevinleah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2019 in Transport and travel
I have a 91year old aunt who has very limited mobility.  I would like to get her out of the house to stay with relatives over Christmas.  
She is confined to a room on the 1st floor of her house and is reliant on carers for food and personal care.  Her bathroom is on the 2nd floor and her toilet and Kitchen is on the ground floor.  As she cannot do stairs both these floors are inaccessible to her. 

Does anyone here know if there is a service to relocate her on a temporary basis.  

She lives in Islington, under Hackney Council (who are quite frankly useless when seeking help or advice)

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hello @kevinleah,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you spoken to AgeUK Islington? They may be able to give you some ideas to help your aunt and they may know of services in her area.

I hope you manage to find the support you are looking for.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • jaki
    jaki Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi I would try and call out for some muscle and goodwill locally on next door or even try the church? 

My sister and I tried to get our tiny aunt down stairs in an evacuation chair meant to be able to do it on your own. We were lucky a newly moved in neighbour and son came to help on Xmas day. Regards jaki

Brightness