Surprise letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Surprise letter

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
Hello my friends,

Well, i'm not sure where to start because i truely am very shocked about this. I'm sure a lot of you already know that i'm a Community Champion here on Scope, even though i do keep quiet about this as much as possible  :D I'm the sort of person that "likes to keep quiet" lol

Well a few days before i moved house i received a letter from Scope telling me that i have been nominated by @Sam_Scope for 2 annual awards. The first award is Empowering others award, for volunteers supporting and empowering disabled people and/or their families. The 2nd award is Scope's volunteer of the year award! It has taken my quite a few days to get over the shock and think whether or not i should post this on the forum. Finally i decided that "yes, i should share this happy news because i'm delighted to hear that i have been thought of in this special way" When i opened the letter and read it i couldn't believe my eyes and actually had to read it about 10 times, then pass it onto my eldest daughter because i thought i was imagining it. :D

I just want you all to know that i don't ever expect any special thank you's for the time i spend advising people here. I just do it because i know how difficult, complicated and extremely stressful the benefit system is. There's so many people out there that are struggling to claim the benefits they are entitled to and to begin with i thought if i can just help one person claim the benefits they are entitled to then i'm happy. Little did i realise at the time that, that one person has most likely gone onto be hundreds and that makes me so happy.

I'm never really very good with words but i'm totally blown away by this letter and i still can't quite believe it.

I've made some really lovely friends on here since i became a Community Champion and i would hate to think of life without all of you.

Whether i win or not makes no difference at all because being nominated has made my week!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Poppy :)
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 that is such great news! You absolutely do deserve an award! Is there somewhere we can vote for you :) Your complex knowledge on all benefit claims always amazes me. On another note I really hope your recent move went well and you are settling in nicely. 

• poppy123456
    @atlas46 thank you for such kind words, as always then mean a lot. Thank you again for all your support here!

As for the acceptance speeches, i'm not sure about that as i'm sure there's other worthy winners too. I'm just happy with those nominations. B)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Wooo! Go @poppy123456! You thoroughly deserve the recognition and all the hard work you do! Rooting for you!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's very much deserved @poppy123456. You do an incredible job helping countless people and often in especially challenging circumstances. Well done. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    @Ami2301 thank you my dear friend for such lovely words! :smile:
  • poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope thank you so much! I have a lump in my throat from such kind words. Helping others just comes naturally to me and what ever my circumstances i always seem to put others before myself.

I can't believe all these kind words from everyone... i need another tissue!
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Great news @poppy123456  

I'm still quite new here but I often see your friendly helpful comments  :)

Good luck in your new home xx
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    congratulation and well deserved 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @poppy123456   Want to add my voice my friend in congratulations.  

You do a lot for every one and especially supportive of those who are struggling understanding a system.

No matter how busy you are. You have time for every one.

That to me is a true quality of a community champion.  Having the ability to give those members of the community.

A kind, compassionate approach.  With honesty and being open.

Pleasure to have met you. Always happy to talk to you any time and thanks very much being a friend.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    @thespiceman aww thank you my friend for such lovely words.

All the Community Champions deserve an award in my opinion.

You're a very sweet person and i'm honoured to call you my friend. Always happy to talk to you too, anytime.

Your friend Poppy.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @poppy123456 My friend .  Thanks very much for kind words 

Good to know thank you for supporting me and listening. 

Like to say the same . Honoured and have respect for you. Feel humbled.

Always here to listen to you as well.  Anytime. 

Hope you had a great day.

Speak soon .

Take care.

Your friend the one and only

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 it is so well deserved and it is a pleasure to have you as part of our team <3
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness