Learning difficulties being a community memeber — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Learning difficulties being a community memeber

masumaakthar12345678
masumaakthar12345678 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
how can give something back to my local community by meeting new people and talking to them about my complex needs.

Comments

• masumaakthar12345678
    masumaakthar12345678 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited October 2019
    Like to talk about my condition to other people who may experience being visual impairment and hearing impairment I would like to reasure the young indvisuals that they are not on their own they can go and talk to someone.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What about a club? Would that work? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @masumaakthar12345678 and a warm welcome to the community! Have you thought about doing talks to schools?
    Scope

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Like to talk about my condition to other people who may experience being visual impairment and hearing impairment I would like to reasure the young indvisuals that they are not on their own they can go and talk to someone.
    I have the temporal type of auditory processing disorder, my brain having problems processing and understanding the sounds my ears hear. Which is why I am phone phobic and is the underlying cause of my dyslexia symptom
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited October 2019
    What about a club? Would that work?

due to the nature of my disability, groups of more than 2 or 3 people are a problem as i am not able to use my usual alternative compensating skills and abilities lip reading, and reading body language., which do not always help lol

Brightness