Hi, looking for support to get a care team — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, looking for support to get a care team

imevie
imevie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
just wanted to introduce myself, im evie, 51yrs bed bound, and worrying about my future, my youngest daughter will move out next year, and then i worry over who will care for me then. i probably need to chat with adult social services and get a care team in again..but i stopped last time because of how expensive it all is.... any ideas?  cheers folks xx

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @imevie and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I am sorry to hear of your health struggles and can appreciate how daunting it must be thinking about the future.  My husband cares for me so I don't have a care team in place, but understand that this is expensive.  Some of our members may be able to relate to what you are going through and be in similar circumstances with carers so would be in a good position to advise you.  I hope you get something sorted out with social services anyway and please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  The Community is a very supportive space with lots of friendly people on it who will always be here to listen and to chat to you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can do to help or support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hello @imevie   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please can I suggest signing up to The Which Magazine has a lot of advice and guidance, information on Planning Care and for later in life.

Have issued a booklet giving options, choices and ideas.

https://www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk  

Age UK you might could contact them, see what they say have used them myself

UK Homecare Association is another organisation.

https://www.ukhca.co.uk.    

You could also look at NHS trust your area or Social services as suggested.

Please ask if we can help with anything.  Some one will know a member of our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @imevie and a warm welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you are worrying about the future, I appreciate how daunting the unknown can be.

When you had care in previously, did you have a needs assessment through social services? 

If you are wanting to refer yourself then you can do this here.
    Scope

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @imevie

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Evie, if you`re still around here, how are things these days?

I`m also dependent on lots of help from carers and hubby.

Brightness