Extra pain after nerve pain injection — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Extra pain after nerve pain injection

Spursboy
Spursboy Community member Posts: 23 Connected
I have had severe back and leg pain plus numb feet for nearly three years, which stops me walking. Four weeks ago I had a Root Block Injection which has enabled me to get back to walking again with no pain down my right leg.
BUT – since the injection I now have a very severe painful ache from my shoulder blades down to my lower back, this is something new, very painful all the time and tends to make sleeping difficult.
Could this be caused by the Root Block I wonder?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Spursboy! I'm glad it has enabled you to walk again, yet it cannot be nice to now be experiencing this extra pain.

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? We aren't medically trained so are not qualified to say what is causing your pain, but I hope you'll be able to find others who can relate.

Please do let us know how you get on and I hope you are able to start sleeping properly again soon!
    Scope

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Spursboy
    As Chloe says, we cant give any medical advice but if you are concerned you should speak to your doctor about it. Good luck!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @Spursboy

Sorry to hear about your problems. I would recommend you to go and see Dr in your GP and ask to be referred also to osteopathic clinic. Perhaps seeing osteopath would help you as a bit of joint manipulation could revise the tension from muscles and which are probably tight enough and press somewhere on the nerve now. 
    Hope you will fee better soon. 

Brightness