received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday

1235»

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    thanks, same to you, hope your tucked up somewhere nice and warm and cosy, i will be in my head but my body will be on the pc the whole weekend :) 
  • zakblood
    Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for coming to your recent interview.

We very much enjoyed meeting you. However at this time we will not be progressing your application further.

If you would like any feedback following your interview please contact xxxxxx and they will be more than happy to provide you with some feedback.

We genuinely appreciate the time, effort and consideration made when making your application.

which im doing now while typing, seems it not yet my time for finding a job it seems, so i again try again :)

• zakblood
    just finished a phone interview and feedback from my last interview and been offered another interview at another location on Thursday in response to me phone interview and been advised to dress more casual, as tbh i maybe over dress in a suit, well down dressing is fine with me, i'm more old school and was always told to dress up and be formal, so yes time have changed in 20 years, so that's now done and inputted into my brain,...

next, don't be so overconfident, as last few times i did all my research and knew the answers to every question asked, but in a group questions and answer sessions, when no one else wished or did put there hands up, maybe i did come across as a know it all, ah well, sit on hands then next time  and don't' seem to eager, but have been told that knowing the answers is only part of what there after, so again you learn something every time, so inputted into brain also.

next, if you intimated the interviewers by being so relaxed and knowledgeable, then maybe your not getting the job office as your selling yourself a bit short, ah well no real answer for this, can't dumb myself down, and only going for the jobs on offer and quite happy to start at the bottom and see where it goes or stay put as long as it's work, seems my way of thinking is too old school now days, so will have the think on this one a bit more and just see how Thursdays interview goes and hope that lack of experience paid isn't such a bad thing when life experience and voluntary work experience is well more than most have by a factor of 10 as my age is double than most of the people there, ah to be young and a school leaver again :) 

they won't say it's my age, as that's ageist, they can't say i'm going to women only jobs like housekeeping as that's sexist, but something is being put in my way, and that's 20 years of not working, so the work gap is a mountain that i'm climbing alone it seems.

but i keep trying all the same and will give feedback either way once it's done and results are known, thanks for reading, hope it all helps someone in the same boat, don't give in, as it's not you that's to blame, it's the system your in, imo only mind you,...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @zakblood. I really hope tomorrow goes well! I bet the feedback isn't always the easiest thing to have, but I hope it is useful going forward. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    feedback is tbh what it is, i just guess i'm lucky to have the interviews tbh, as many don't, i read all the time how some younger people send over 1k letters and hear nothing back, so 30+ interviews and no idea how many phones one so far i lost count and tend not to track those, so fingers crossed one day someone will give me a chance, as that's all i need, one little change of luck and someone taking a chance, positive and looking forward as backwards is a dark hole,...
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you @zakblood!
    Scope

• zakblood
    well i start my new job all being well on Jan 6th 2020, as long as references and criminal checks come back in 7 days etc, and what do i get through the door this morning, i couldn't make it up?

a tribunal date for the 26th of this month, what? lol only sent it in on the 22nd of June 2019, so that was quick, and my last one took a year, this one less than 6 months, so as i've had the back dated money today into the bank, minus £1k+ what the won't give me the full amount, only backdated £72 a week, not £115 like i was on, but careless, have a job now and no way going to quibble over that amount for the stress only to win and then say gets stuffed, i'm working next year!!!!!

so thanks, but no thanks, i wanted to prove a point, and that i have with the assessment center and it's appeal and level 2 tier to hearing done, won the 5 out of my 6 points of order, have taken the nurse and that's still ongoing with the NMC, so that will go the full course.

but now, chilled and relaxed, same person as before, still have the same condition i had 20 years ago, but no longer wish to jump through hoops and prove it, for what? a pittance, a begging bowl, and now Amber Crudd is also no longer in the job, can smile and see she also got what was coming to her, so Merry Christmas everyone, and hope everyone has a very happy new year,... 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Huge congratulations on the new job @zakblood i'm so pleased for you! You set your mind to get a job and that 's exactly what you did! Good luck when you do start and i hope you'll be very happy! Perfect early Christmas present! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    yes a job was so much better than i could have hoped for, wasn't wanting to get back into the benefits trap, never been ill enough so always borderline tbh, so while they said i wasn't fit enough to work fully, they also said i wasn't ill enough for anything other than incapacity, so once that was changed and taken away, i was a fish out of water on ESA, as there is no middle ground, and so most have found, not really suitable for, so went all out for a job and got a employer who will work with me needs, not against them like the DWP, so thanks to the priory group and it's head CEO Trevor Torrington for actively going out there way to be a inclusive employer 
  • zakblood
    well seems everything on hold atm, as just had a phone called, and they won't except my 2 references as friends etc, but can't use my dad, who i worked for since leaving school and has retired 15 years ago and closed the firm, they won't use my 20 years as a school governor as no one there atm, knows me, as it was more than 10 years ago, so that's 20 years or now no use, 20 years of swimming coaching and teaching for clubs etc, again too old and again no one alive or still there who knows me, so another one which is a no no, so what i'm i left with?

doctors and dentist, again both not known me for more than a year, as both practices are either new or changed.

no one from the DWP / DHS gives a toss and to be fair knows me even less, so will see what happens now, but hopefully won't fail and the last part, after already been offered the job and contract, but if something can't be done, not sure the start date of the 6th of Jan 2020 will be for me either, as not got where or when for my training as yet, so unless something happens, i have no idea, seems again 20 years in a system is held against you and keeps even now being thrown back into my face, what doesn't break me, only makes me stronger., and laugh more

• Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @zakblood, this must be very frustrating! I really hope you can find someone in time.
    Scope

• zakblood
    the stumbling block atm seems to be character references aren't of much use, as they want work related ones, only working for my dad for 25 plus years and voluntary there after, most of who have no retired or have died, means i'm stuck atm, and yes i have 3 doctors who will give me character references as there my friends, 2 bank managers, 3 in work for the same type of job i'm going for, but there all 3 in council base type not private, so yes have more than enough character references from professional types, country squad swim coaches etc, 3 owners of their own companies even, but not worked for any of them, so it's tough, thanks for the reply.

mirror mirror on the way, stop making it so difficult, before i fall, seems a conditional job offer was just maybe that if something on there end at human resources doesn't budge, fingers crossed, but knowing my luck, will go the same way as my Tribunal hearing dated for the 26th of this month, the same date i have to be in 2 places for my doctors and physio, so can't see me doing all 3, and have emailed, phoned and explained it twice, still waiting on evidence to come back from everyone else, so not my fault, only to be told, the 26th is the date, attend or not, nice! thanks, have a nice day to you to,... lol
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @zakblood, it must be very frustrating. How are things going? I hope the tribunal goes okay tomorrow. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    i asked for it to be cancelled, had a doctors appointment on the same day, which took me 3 visits and had even then 3 weeks to wait to get one, have now got the job, starting on the 6th of Jan 2020, so not going to put myself through it, had most of the back pay back, so not worth the hassle or stress tbh, while i have imo more than enough to have it overturned, the stress alone is not worth the hassle and no longer needed, plus have gone after the nurse who assessed me with the nursing and midwifery council, so will have my day in court anyway with her and that will be something i won't miss for anything, thanks, merry christmas

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.