Blue badge assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge assessment

tigerspirit
tigerspirit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Going for assessment today for a blue badge. I think the fibromyalgia is at a level that it is the best it will get, and I am still needing to use a walking stick all the time now, and not able to walk far before I get tired and am in pain.  I have my fingers crossed. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tigerspirit! I hope today goes well and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How did you get on @tigerspirit? I hope it went well!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bolton135w
    Bolton135w Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    You should be fine in getting the blue badge
  • tigerspirit
    tigerspirit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes. I went for assessment and no problem.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Chobbly said:

Ive heard blue badge application is alot harder now? ie more involved..

Im on my second one, that runs out in 2021...and havent ever had to meet anyone?....Are the new rules changing to having to have a face to face?
    I believe you're claiming Enhanced mobility PIP, is this correct? If it is and you scored 8 points or more in the moving around part then this automatically qualifies you for a blue badge. When it's due for renewal you will need to send your PIP award with your BB application. No assessment is needed.

If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to look at the criteria for your local council.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Chobbly said:
    Chobbly said:

Ive heard blue badge application is alot harder now? ie more involved..

Im on my second one, that runs out in 2021...and havent ever had to meet anyone?....Are the new rules changing to having to have a face to face?
    I believe you're claiming Enhanced mobility PIP, is this correct? If it is and you scored 8 points or more in the moving around part then this automatically qualifies you for a blue badge. When it's due for renewal you will need to send your PIP award with your BB application. No assessment is needed.

If you scored the points in following and planning a journey then you'll need to look at the criteria for your local council.
    Thanks Poppy, once again ? to the rescue!

Yep Enhanced care and mobility...

Ironically zero points for planning journeys...Im great locally ,so no issues there..

My first and renewed blue badge were all based on my m.e/fibromyalgia and spinal issues..
    As always you're welcome. You won't need to base it on anything because you will automatically qualify with the PIP mobility award and this will be all that you will need, along with the payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad the assessment went okay @tigerspirit. :)
    Scope

• Wendy_50
    Wendy_50 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Hi all. I’m new to this community. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis two years ago. I have attendance allowance. I have a balance problem along with pain while walking. I use a crutch al the time and OT gave me all the aids I need and a wheelchair. I am interested in looking at getting a blue badge. I live in Scotland and was wondering if the criteria is different. 
    Thanks 
    Lwendy
  • poppy123456
    Wendy_50 said:
    Hi all. I’m new to this community. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis two years ago. I have attendance allowance. I have a balance problem along with pain while walking. I use a crutch al the time and OT gave me all the aids I need and a wheelchair. I am interested in looking at getting a blue badge. I live in Scotland and was wondering if the criteria is different. 
    Thanks 
    Lwendy

HI and welcome,

The blue badge criteria to automatically qualify is the same across the country and attendance allowance doesn't automatically entitle you to one.

You can still apply and be assessed by your local council but you'll need evidence to support your claim.

Brightness