What music are you listening to? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Hard to beleive it WoodStock was 50 years ago this year, may favourite track is  I'm Going Home by Ten Years After(Woodstock 1969 Concert) I have the Woodstock album on various formats lol 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7Q_rGLS_Q&list=PL55B73CC1D0231CC7&index=18&t=0s 

• ballkeeper
    ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
    i was 3 but still love some this stuff ,great choice...

yup just great 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI
  • dolfrog
    edited October 2019
    i was 3 but still love some this stuff ,great choice...

yup just great 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI
    added it to my yuotube collection
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Another brand new track that I really like, very different to old Oasis stuff but Noel's still got it!  This is the place - Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iz7R3H4A8

Spent the last few days trying to work out what the tiny aaaaah, aaaaah, aaaah, sample reminded me of but think it's this acid track!  One of my chill-out favourites...Voodoo Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLvWwMlnZU
  • OverlyAnxious
    Oh, and for those watching the Circle recently, here's a couple of Fatboy Slim songs I've recently rediscovered!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx3WgOt_wC4

This one is so stupid...but so damn catchy...honestly it'll be in your head the rest of the day.  I don't condone making all that mess in the bathroom though! :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1SpFt7zJUM
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    just watched a fab trip down to the 80s/90s? with Whitney Houston, Luther Van Dross, Dionne Warwick and Stevie Wonder, singing, That`s What Friends Are For.......beautiful....2 sadly lost
  • dolfrog
    you might like to listen to Mick Taylor with Carla Olson - Winter (second version) , the live album version is better  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mPVEp1eS0 
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    edited November 2019
    For the summer - Ray La Montagne
    Isreal we go hard - Ben Blackwell
    2very different genres that describe me to a T. Sorry i dont know how to post the youtube links.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    I listen to Radio Caroline Flashback through my Kindle, giving my age away.    With it tucked under my pillow on very low volume I can quite happily drop off to sleep.  I don't really listen to music during the day unless I'm out in the car.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• mrbuttons
    Im in an upbeat mood today so im istening to.... Come and get your love by Redbone.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What are people listening to at the moment? :)
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Had recorded The Proclaimers on tv last week and just got around to watching it this afternoon.  Was fab and always gets me going!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • hippydaz
    hippydaz Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    ALOT OF COOL TUNES DUDES!

ANYONE  INTO THE GREAT & GOOD...

NEW MODEL ARMY - LEVELLERS - DREADZONE - HOBO JONES AND THE JUNKYARD DOGS!  BASICALLY ALL THE FESTIVAL GREATS!!! 
    :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like you're a music fan @hippydaz!
    Scope

• mrbuttons
    hippydaz said:
    ALOT OF COOL TUNES DUDES!

ANYONE  INTO THE GREAT & GOOD...

NEW MODEL ARMY - LEVELLERS - DREADZONE - HOBO JONES AND THE JUNKYARD DOGS!  BASICALLY ALL THE FESTIVAL GREATS!!! 
    :)
    Wow!Hello from a  fellow festival child :) i love Dreadzone and the Levellers.i was listening to This Garden on you tube yesterday and thinking how it was still so relevent to whats happening today. You have great taste in music!
  • OverlyAnxious
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello every one as a Motown fan and Northern Soul fashionista.

Always looking for the rare stuff the ones who maybe did one or two songs or a number of tracks.

These are becoming available. Many of the artists are now either passed on or ageing rapidly. Which has benefited the states of decreased artists or those ageing fast.

As royalties due payments.

I have bought a series of CD's of Motown Artists many this will surprise you. Not black. Every one thinks Motown signed black artists had terrific roster of black stars, in reality Berry Gordy signed white artists  first started in late fifties early sixties.  At first then black artists.

He signed Kiki Dee  this album rare to find only one. She did.

Very interesting sleeve notes and information which is relevant .  On these CD's I have purchased.

Over dubbing if an lesser well known artist was asked to do a song, they liked it. Her or his voice removed. 

The music used the cutting crew and the singers. Then another artists voice was used the major stars of the label.

The demo often lost or erased.

Or put to the vaults and forgotten about. The original artist who did the demo missing out on having a hit or a royalty payments.

One reason why with Motown you may get two or three versions of the same songs by different artists.

I have versions in my extensive collections . I Heard Through The GrapeVine By Gladys Knight and the Pips. A minor unknown song, released in 1967.

Then Marvin Gaye with his no 1 smash in the late sixties.

Same with many artists. Motown had.

My Guy Mary Wells, Kim Weston.

Shop around Mary Wells, The Miracles.

Just a few then the songs were going to be by this artist but ended up some one else.

Tears of A Clown first found on a Stevie Wonder Christmas Album, then The Miracles, Smokey Robinson.

Fascinating history and the way they treated those who had talent.

As I remarked to Edwin Starr whom I met. Lived in a village outside Nottingham. Through a friend who was a DJ.

Some of the stories I have heard are shocking, mistreatment. The Label had a backing band cutting crew called The Funk Brothers made to work all hours, days and nights but never recognised on any labels tor records issued.

Which mean they all got payments for studio time not royalties many died broke, penniless.

I had the privilege a long time ago the remains of the band as some of the singers met at a musical festival in London.

Supportive fundraising the story of how even though every was black were not treated right. Even though they were working for black members of their society.

Thanks  for reading.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • GentlePea
    GentlePea Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hey everyone ?. You all seem very eclectic, I'm the same.
    My favourite band is Muse. I also love The Killers, Katie Perry, Ed Sheeran, S club 7, most 80s tracks, The Beetles and Queen.
  • GentlePea
    GentlePea Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    OverlyAnxious  I love "Sittin' on the dock of the bay" he has such a smooth voice. Very calming if it's been a stressful day.

Brightness