Remaining neutral about the General Election 2019 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Remaining neutral about the General Election 2019

2»

Comments

• Birdsnbees
    Birdsnbees Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    politics is so important affects our everyday life all the time please don't feel you don't matter because some people will be relying on this xx
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Reading various parties policies does not exactly fill me with joy ....i know that these parties are plying for votes and will say almost anything to get votes . We usually find out in the winning parties reign that they go back on many things they said they would do in their manifesto . During the Scottish referendum we got all the leaders of the main parties in westminster telling us that Scotlannd could never manage on its own and people will be begging in the streets of Scotland , ordinary people would never get their pensions , we would be needing foodbanks to support us , there is only enough oil for two years and then we would all suffer . We have found out since that their lies turned many people against voting for an independent Scotland ....for eg ...the north sea explorers are still finding new oil fields with millions of barrells of oil in them . The liars in westminster were right in saying that we would be using foodbanks more and more and  our pensions are not safe and the people are turning to foodbanks more and more due to mant factors like zero hours contracts . Our pensions are not safe due to the present goverments policies ...we see that as they raise pension age again and again and robbing the people what they paid into from the start of their working lives ...now , many will die before enjoy the fruits of their labours ....maybe the governent want us to keep working until we drop . I know that many of us on this site are disabled so we must take care of our NHS ...but the money men want to take over the various aspects of the NHS ....and to make matteres worse some parties are quite happy to " sell it off" .
    Please take all of this into account when giving your vote .
    I would advise anyone reading the present parties manifesto to think back to the various promises made by the political parties . Then keep that in your mind and also read between the lines of parties " promises" . 

• Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    @exdvr I have postal voting and understand about proxy votes but they both have massive issues that could nullify your vote if you use either of these methods. 

Postal votes could get lost or not be delivered for another reason or not be counted for being delivered late.

Proxy votes - the person you choose to cast your vote for you may disagree with you and cast a vote for the party they want to support and you are not there to question it - you have to put an enormous amount of trust in someone.

The only way to guarantee your vote is to get to a polling station on voting day and cast your vote
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering

@exdvr I have postal voting and understand about proxy votes but they both have massive issues that could nullify your vote if you use either of these methods. 

Postal votes could get lost or not be delivered for another reason or not be counted for being delivered late.

Proxy votes - the person you choose to cast your vote for you may disagree with you and cast a vote for the party they want to support and you are not there to question it - you have to put an enormous amount of trust in someone.

The only way to guarantee your vote is to get to a polling station on voting day and cast your vote
     @Jean Eveleigh

Not possible for some though Jean 

Brightness