Social Prescribing: What it is and how it might help - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social Prescribing: What it is and how it might help

1235»

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    PS to above.
    It's not really a great situation as counselling cancelled till I've done the Social Prescribing thing. So I'm a bit isolated and without support for now.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Franstrahan   Good morning to you. Sorry to hear this. You not alone we are here and as a community champion do and can offer any additional support.

This includes looking at any thing like this. I apologise if I have given you these before.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Please have a look at that . Also speak to your local council does often have a website and a booklet issued to every household. Saying the services they provide.

Wellbeing, community health and anything else such as local community projects. Another one  is the volunteer bureau.

Please may I suggest you contact them, you have skills, abilities and talents that could be useful to use.

Please can add depends what you wish to do but many organisations who accept volunteers. Will and should assist with transport to get to places there.

Offer expenses to pay for costs of transport.

Please remember we are here as a community anytime you wish always available to chat have a talk. Be and offer compassion, empathy to any thing .

You are coping with, happy to be listening.

Please ask the community anything .

Please keep safe and warm in this chilly weather.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Bettahm
    Thank you Spiceman, I will look at those links.
    I'm so glad I signed up for this Scope forum as it does get me out and about in the community albeit an online one, but good to know you are here, and all I need to do is shout out. Someone always picks up. 
    Thanks again.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I can see why it's be so annoying @Franstrahan! I really hope it doesn't take too long and we are always here if there is anything we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Thank you Chloe. I'm hoping they over estimated the waiting time. Meanwhile Ren has given me some links to check out. Great team here on Scope.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope so too, really glad to hear this @Franstrahan!
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Social prescribing is our current theme for blogs on the community, but what is it?

An article by Blurt answers this question:
    Social prescribing is person-centred. What this means, is that rather than a clinician meeting with us and telling us what we need based on our diagnosis or social demographics, they have a conversation with us about how we’re currently managing and what we want out of the service. Do we want to work on adding more activities in our week? Perhaps we want to start volunteering so that we can build up experience to go back to work? Maybe we want to meet other people who are in a similar position to us?

Click here to read the full article.

If you'd like to catch up on all of our latest blogs then head to the guest blog posts board.

What do you think about social prescribing? What things do you think you'd benefit from doing? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!
    @1994
    Hope this works! Above is a bit about Social Prescribing, with a link to click for more info.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for sharing this @Franstrahan
    Scope

Brightness