Esa assessment yesterday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment yesterday

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Had the dreaded f2f assessment yesterday does anyone know if I can request to see the report or do I have to wait the 6 weeks or so that the assessor said it will take for the decision. I know that you can request the the PIP report but wasn't sure if its the same with ESA. Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Tina56
    Tina56 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi

Yes you can get the report mine was available about a week after the assessment, but it could be sooner or later in your area.

Good luck
  • te1
    Hi and thank you for your reply I will call them the end of next week, do you know if it is the dwp number that I call. 
  • Tina56
    Yes just the usual number you would call for ESA .

The form is called ESA58 if I remember rightly and was quite quick in coming it only took 2 days from asking for it
  • te1
    Thank you that's very helpful. 
  • Tina56
     That's okay glad to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I usually advise to wait at least a week before requesting this. This will give it time for both reports to be returned. You need to ask for the ESA85 but if you ask for the assessment report they will know what you're talking about.

When you do receive it, the recommendations will be at the end of the report. If you need help understanding what it means then just post here and someone will be able to help you. Those ESA assessment reports aren't the easiest to understand.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    Thank you poppy123456 for your advice, I'm a bit confused now that you've said both reports I didn't realise there is more than one. 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, there's always a digital copy and a paper copy for the work capability assessment and PIP but they are both identical.  The paper one is sent through the post and of course this take longer, which is why it's always best to wait a week. They won't send a copy to you until both reports have been received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • te1
    Ok thanks for the information. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @te1 and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• te1
     Chloe_Scope  Thank you I will let you know the outcome of my assessment decision. I have worked all my life until this year so have never had to apply for benefits and even changing my job 3 times since 2015 just to try and stay in work as I've always enjoyed working and achieving and I hate being in this situation but physical health problems have taken a toll now, and also being a lady born in the 50s I've been shafted like so many other women who can't get their state pension till I'm 66 after paying NI contributions for 43 years. 
    Very best of luck @te1 and please do let us know how you get on. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'll keep my fingers crossed @te1!
    Scope

• te1
    Hi,

I usually advise to wait at least a week before requesting this. This will give it time for both reports to be returned. You need to ask for the ESA85 but if you ask for the assessment report they will know what you're talking about.

When you do receive it, the recommendations will be at the end of the report. If you need help understanding what it means then just post here and someone will be able to help you. Those ESA assessment reports aren't the easiest to understand.

Good luck.
    Thank you for your reply I phoned on Monday and have received the ESA85  written assessment report today I wonder if you can help with this question at the bottom of the form which is headed LCW AND LCWRA Information. It states the client was found to meet the criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity I would guess that this relates to which group I will be put into but I'm not sure which one. 
  • poppy123456
    Limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) is Support Group. You will have to wait for the decision of course but it's very unusual for them to go against that report.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @te1, it does sound like they've recommended support group which is good news. Fingers crossed the official decision doesn't take too long. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • te1
    Hi @te1, it does sound like they've recommended support group which is good news. Fingers crossed the official decision doesn't take too long. :)
    Fingers crossed and I will update you know when I have their decision!! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.