How long to get a response? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to get a response?

danny1234
danny1234 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
sent my ESA form back 16 weeks ago had my medical 12weeks ago and still not heard back from them how long does it take to get answer thanks Danny 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I just answered your question on the other thread and this was my reply.

There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. I'd advise you to ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. If they tell you the report hasn't been returned then this could be the delay in making the decision because they can't do this until the report has been returned. If it's been chosen for audit then this can significantly delay the decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Danny, it annoys me and others when the answer is simply ring the DWP and ask for an update on your assessment. Nobody can say how long these things take, you have to be proactive in your applications, claims and follow up with emails or calls. 
  • danny1234
    what is audit could you no.my form was sent to DWP the same day I had my test I phoned couple of weeks ago thanks danny
  • poppy123456
    There's no point emailing DWP about anything because as far as i know there's no email address to use and even if there was i'm sure you wouldn't receive a replym it's DWP after all.

If it is in audit then this means they are checking your report, it's nothing to worry about at least not for you anyway. If what you've been told is correct and the report has been returned then ring again to request a copy to be sent to you. Once you receive you'll be able to have some idea what the decision maybe because they usually go with the report.

I'm afraid there's really nothing more you can do until a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danny1234
    what I think is wrong they writ to my doctor and he sent a report.I seen copy of report and noticed not every thing was in it on my medical history because I had changed doctors so I got new doctor to sort it out and he did and found rest of my medical history and writ me a new letter which I gave to medical assessment doctor .the new letter had extra medical problems about four more than he sent in first letter to them that may be problem thanks danny
  • poppy123456
    It's impossible to speculate anything at this stage. Ring Monday to request the report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.