Check in how do we feel today - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check in how do we feel today

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to hear this @mrbuttons! Chilli is always such a good winter food!!

I hope the TOTO will be beneficial for you @pollyanna1052. :)
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    EXHAUSTED!!! It`s been a rough 2 days. Yesterday hubby and I had more care assessments and felt it hadn't gone well. Today had another with NHS....ey up...firemen are here...no fire..back later!
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    ?Very tired
    @pollyanna1052

Hey, never mind rushing off to see all the hunky firemen !!  ;)

Hope everything's alright though? 
  • pollyanna1052
    ok back now!
    We had our escape route looked at and new smoke alarms. The firemen disappointed me..not allowed to give fireman`s lifts anymore...chuffing elf & safety!

Anyway....yesterday`s interrogation left us feeling low (and swearing), but today`s seemed more hopeful.
    NHS will fund my care with social services and new care plan to be sorted.

Watch this space.....
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    ?Very tired
    That's good news @pollyanna1052

Shame about the firemen though, could just do with a fireman's lift  ;)

• Onix
    Onix Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    That's good news @pollyanna1052, shame no firemans lift though ?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    ?I'm happy today
    Tired. Spent part of today at a ice skating rink. 
  • pollyanna1052
    Did you skate April? Never tried it, but I love to watch it on tv.
  • April2018mom
    ?I'm happy today
    Did you skate April? Never tried it, but I love to watch it on tv.
    This is my first time since 2008. No as I spent all the allocated time pushing my son around and supporting him physically so he did not fall. Ice skating is hard work. After thirty minutes, I gave up and we sat at a cafe there having something to eat and drink. Will try and take pictures next time we go. 
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    ?I'm doing well today
    feeling nice and relaxed I have just had a nice hot bubble bath and put on my nice fluffy PJs. looking forward to watching a movie and a glass of wine later. I wish i was able to change the bedding too but that's a job for my carer when she comes back.
  • April2018mom
    ?I'm happy today
    mrbuttons said:
    feeling nice and relaxed I have just had a nice hot bubble bath and put on my nice fluffy PJs. looking forward to watching a movie and a glass of wine later. I wish i was able to change the bedding too but that's a job for my carer when she comes back.
    What film are you watching? 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    hi I'm very sorry for the late reply /response.
    I haven't been very well so therefore haven't been on the site but luckily I have had other community champions that have stepped in to check in. So thankyou to other members for being patient and thankyou to other community champions that have answered people's questions and responded. This means alot to have your support. ❤️
  • Tammyjane33
    @DoriFish sorry for the late reply, other champions have been there to help thankfully.
     I am very sorry to hear you've had a tough time and been ill.
    I myself have been very physically unwell so I know how difficult it can be and how it can effect you mentally.
    Try to remember you aren't alone and being unwell physically or mentally doesn't make you weak. You are simply giving yourself time to recover and self care is important. I feel its easy to shut yourself away when you are unwell. I am correct? 
    You have showed how strong you are by sharing your personal story/experience with others on the site, that in itself is brave. That's what the site and the community champions like myself are here for, to show you support on your bad days. 
    As you say and you've found that there are a lot of caring people out there, and I'm glad this has giving you hope and restored your 
     faith in humanity. 
    You too are showing you are a caring individual by sharing your kind and inspiring story. 
    As you said above its important and good if you reach out. You are not weak by asking for guidance or support. 
    I hope you feel much better now. ?
  • Tammyjane33
    Hi @Chloe_Scope thankyou for your kind words. I haven't been very active as I've been physically unwell. Hopefully I will be able to be more active now. I hope you are well. ?
  • Tammyjane33
    @66Mustang
    Hi sorry for the late reply. 
    I've been unwell therefore haven't been active. If you need to talk, I'm here and I hope you're well. ?
  • Tammyjane33
    @paffuto10 I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been unwell but hope to be more active now. 
     It's great that you are describing how you are feeling. Have you practised mindfulness at all? I've done a few activities on mindfulness and read a few self help books and find it can help when I'm feeling in a low mood. 
     It's great that you are trying to  be aware of you're  feelings. I hope this goes well for you.
    ?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    ?It could be better
    I hope you are feeling better now! :)
  • Tammyjane33
    @66Mustang yes thankyou, it's an ongoing condition unfortunately but positivity helps alot. 
  • Tammyjane33
    @paffuto10 I'm sorry to here you're going through that. It can be very stressful and cause you to feel worse as you can feel judged and feel as though they think your not 100 percent honest even though you are. I've been there. If you need to talk I'm here, so are the other members and community champions. Don't worry. We all have our own ways of coping. I'm glad you're back now ?
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    ?I'm doing well today
    FRUSTRATED  Today after a restful weekend i woke  up with swollen joints and pain all over. V upset because i had planned to make some decorations for next months religious celebrations. As it was all i could do was crawl out of bed onto the sofa and take my painkillers.i hope i can do more tomorrow after an early night tonight.
    I hope we all have a peaceful evening and a good day tomorrow :).

Brightness