Been refused by an appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been refused by an appeal

northan65
northan65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Last year in June I had an assessment for EESA,even though I had been on it since Jan 2015.Out of the points I got Zero.Even though I have Arthritis in my right ankle,knee,shoulder and my spine.I also suffer from mental health issues.I have appealed and even though I gave them 400 pages of medical records I got refused.I have been told I can’t put in sick notes when I sign on.My symptoms have got worse,I now have Arthritis in my left knee,ankle and my fingers on both hands.I am stuck on what to do next.Any advice would be more than helpful.Oh yes I forgot I am on PiP

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you saying you took it to Tribunal and you lost the appeal?

Are you now claiming Universal credit? or JSA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • northan65
    northan65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited November 2019
    i am claiming JSA since May last year and i am also on PiP since 2005.Yes i went to appeal and i had waited a year to hear it.That was in July.When they asked me to get doctors info from 1/1/17 up to july 19.In the appeal all they were bothered about was the day i went for assement in May last year
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry but i'm a little confused, you say you had a work capability assessment for ESA in June last year but then say you've been claiming JSA since May last year.

Please answer this question, when you had the work capability assessment and you were found fit for work, did you take that decision to Tribunal and did you lose?

As you're claiming JSA then you can only send in fit/sick notes for 13 weeks in any 12 month period. Once you have reached those 13 weeks then you won't be able to send in anymore fit notes.

You say you've been claiming PIP since 2005 but PIP was only introduced in April 2013, do you mean you're claiming DLA? Either way, do you claim a severe disability premium in with your JSA? To claim this you must live alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance for looking after you.

If you can answer my questions (highlighted in bold)  i'll help you further but i can't help without those being answered.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @northan65, I hope @poppy123456 has been able to help you here. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.