Pip report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

M_Eandme
M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Feeling so stressed!! Had my f2f on 4th nov, 2 times ive requested it and 2 times they have said it sent when calling to check was told it not been sent so still waiting as they now confirmed it is sent, also sent in further information on 4th and they saying not recieved, so sending it again now stressful waiting.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, that's poor not sending out your report, as for sending in further information as you have had your assessment and report sent to DWP I wonder if the extra information will have any impact on your award. 
  • M_Eandme
    I had new info on the day of my assessment, the assessor made notes of it and said he will add it in report and for me to  send it in, i know its with decision maker now and they have said they will wait for the new info before making a decision. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @M_Eandme, sorry to hear you have found the whole process really stressful. Have you received the report now?
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Hi @Chloe_Scope, im still waiting for report to arrive and they still not recieved my new information i sent in on 4th nov. They said it will get to them eventually! Looks like i will have to send another copy. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'll keep my fingers crossed @M_Eandme!
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope i have just spoke to them they said my report should be with me by Wednesday! I told him how anxious and ill the waiting is, after it was said to be sent on 14th which is wasnt, all he said was its 24 pages long with a lot of info on it and not to worry, im taking that with pinch of salt he was probably just being nice, the wait continues, any time for this process is stressful but a month till xmas is really getting me down worrying over my kids xmas presents, keeping my fingers crossed too x
  • Torim
    Torim Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    hi every one I’m new to this, just been stressing over my pip claim, had f2f 22nd Oct , then got a text message on 1st and Another on 5th of November to say they’ve received my written report , just wondering how long it takes from then to make a Decision? (Northern Ireland) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Torim said:
    hi every one I’m new to this, just been stressing over my pip claim, had f2f 22nd Oct , then got a text message on 1st and Another on 5th of November to say they’ve received my written report , just wondering how long it takes from then to make a Decision? (Northern Ireland) 
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales for decision's, where ever you live. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Torim
    oh I see , I just panic but as you say there are back logs , does your claim always go on how many points you get 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you need to score points for an award and you need at least 8 points for standard award and at least 12 for Enhanced. There's 2 part to PIP, daily living and mobility and the points are added up separately for each part. If you don't score the points you won't be awarded PIP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Torim
    Thanks for the advice , I Done research and took the pip test online and it was scoring me enhanced rate and standard for mobility though I read  it might be different when they look at my claim and do points 
  • poppy123456
    Unless you understand the PIP descriptors and what they mean, the PIP self test isn't reliable. It's very easy to score yourself points, when it may not be possible to score as many as you think.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    We'll be keeping everything crossed for you @Torim. Best of luck! When you receive your decision if there's anything you're unsure of or you need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Torim
    I just done it with my friend on how my daily living and getting around effects me , as I suffer from mental health I need some one to be with Me for support in all That I do
  • Torim
    @Adrian_Scope thank you soo much, I will do , it’s a lot to take in and causes stress not knowing what’s in front of me 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Very best of luck @Torim!
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    M_Eandme said:
    Feeling so stressed!! Had my f2f on 4th nov, 2 times ive requested it and 2 times they have said it sent when calling to check was told it not been sent so still waiting as they now confirmed it is sent, also sent in further information on 4th and they saying not recieved, so sending it again now stressful waiting.
    Another sleepless nite! Still waiting for my report to arrive, they have confirmed they have now recieved my further information, and said my report was sent, my anxiety and mood since waiting is getting me down especially with lack of sleep! Hopefully the wait will be over soon! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @M_Eandme! A lack of sleep really can affect us in so many ways. I hope you are feeling okay today and that you don't have to wait much longer!
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Thanks @Chloe_Scope, still no report today its been 16 days since i first requested it, if it doesnt come tomorrow it will be the start of another week wait! Just want to know what assessor has wrote its so frustrating!
  • Chloe_Scope
    I can completely see why you'd be frustrated @M_Eandme! You are entitled to know what has been said. I really hope it comes soon!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.