Waiting for PIP appeal and struggling with house work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP appeal and struggling with house work

crazycactilady
crazycactilady Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am 26 living with fibromyalgia. I live with my partner and 5 year old daughter. I appealed for PIP in November 2018 and sent off my appeal July 2019. I struggle with even the smallest jobs and can’t keep on top of it. My house is cluttered, I have boxes from when I moved in 3 years ago still unpacked. I can’t keep up with the laundry, washing up and keeping the house clean/ clear. It is such a mess and I am so overwhelmed. Is there anywhere I can go for help? 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @crazycactilady

Do you have a housekeeper or not? It is a relief honestly. I pay a lady to come clean my oven and do some of my ironing once a month. Can your partner help? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Maybe employing someone to help you with a few things each week, depending on your financial situation of course. Try searching on google to see what's available in your local area. How much they charge per hour will depend on the area you're in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @crazycactilady. If you have boxes unopened from 3 years ago I would seriously think about getting rid of stuff. I work full time and struggle with housework so pay a cleaner to come in once a week. It's a huge luxury for me but it means at least things are clean and tidy once a week.i would rather keep my cleaner than spend that money on anything else. Regarding laundry I dont buy clothes that need ironing. A short tumble dry and put on a hanger is good enough. Keep your daughters toys in big perspex boxes so she can help with 'tidy up time'. Get your partner to pull their weight. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Maybe you can also set a short time each day to just to a little amount. I also have fibromyalgia but i can manage a little each morning. I find if i don't do something by a certain time in the day then i'm unable to do it after. It doesn't have to be a lot. This way, you may feel better because you've done something that makes you feel good.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My motto is if you haven't used it for 6 months then you probably don't need it, there are exceptions of course.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crazycatlady and a very warm welcome to the community. So sorry to hear you are finding this really difficult at the moment, it must be exhausting! How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

Brightness