Wbat are we having for sunday lunch? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wbat are we having for sunday lunch?

2»

Comments

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Meditterean chicken. Chicken thighs, potatoes, garlic, onion, streaky bacon, olives, courgettes, preserved lemons roasted in one pan. It smells delicious, thank you Mary Berry. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Cressida   Great recipe.  Med so many different variations thought share some of mine might be something you wish to try.

I use combinations of Peppers and Potatoes in the slow cooker with Pork Shoulder. Herbs, Fennel seeds, Paprika and Chilli.

Use Red roasted Peppers with Chicken Thighs with Zucchini .Chill and Cherry tomatoes.  Add in Potatoes.

Use a Passata cartons with herbs, garlic  Onions.

TESCO do a Med roasted pack with all the vegetable sliced, Frozen add to a stockpot or slow cooker defrost first.

Aubergines, Zucchini, etc.  Add in last defrost boiling kettle bowl and drain.

Use Cannellini Beans, Chickpeas with Chicken or Pork with Peppers, Zucchini.

Or Carrots add in pancetta cubes .  Paprika or ground Coriander, add in Rosemary, Thyme, Basil or Parsley to these dishes.

You can buy frozen herbs all chopped up ready to use.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Ive already decided on baked bbq chicken wings baked potatoes and salad.
    Wings and spuds go in the oven for 45 mins .

home made bbq sauce, ketchup,honey , chopped garlic and worcestershire sauce in a saucucepan until it simmers pour over baked wings and thats it. All done in an hour no fuss.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @mrbuttons   Good spice mix for Chicken nothing expensive. I use these all the time. Spice mixes.  Seasoning mixes.
    Chicken Seasoning, All Purpose Seasoning. My Italian friends have always the last one in, as it insinuates tomato sauce with Chill and Vegetable pastas.
    Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika and Smoked Paprika with Black Pepper Ground Coriander, Fennel Seeds and Oregano half a teaspoon each is one I make up.
    Italian Mix goes great with Drumsticks and Thighs, add in touch of chilli flakes.
    Use a large freezer bag add spices and add Chicken could add Lemon juice. Lemon Juice buy a bottle, helps.
    Great Lunch hope you enjoy.
    Please take care hope these ideas help.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Oatmeal, peanut butter and crackers, chocolate milk shake, yoghurt and cookies (lots!) 

Can you tell I really dislike cooking?
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Thanks for the tip ,spiceman.i will try the lemon juice one in the week. I have most of the other stuff already but i dont use them as much as i could or try different combinations. I will try to be more adventurous.

Each to their own Cracker.if youre not one for cooking do what you like, no pressure. Try to stay healthy. Try a few fresh veggies and fruit occasionally for vitamins and fibre.

• thespiceman
    Hello @mrbuttons   Good morning to you cold one, hope your keeping warm.
    I watch a programme called Diners, Drive ins and Dives . On the food net work.
    Has a lot of ideas, including spice mixes and rubs.
    The fun part make something you like.
    Enjoy experimenting and testing recipes.
    I buy spice mixes form supermarkets use like last night. Did Chicken Chilli sauce with Rigatoni.
    Had a jar of spicy Pepper Sauce, add in a tub of Pasta sauce small one blended it up.  Had chillies in it and herbs time saver.
    I buy these small tubs of Pasta made sauce supermarket sell, often useful. Tired and need a quick lunch use them with some cooked Pasta or use with any left  what's in stores veggies.
    Used a garlic pasta sauce spice mix had dried herbs, garlic and seasonings , made a spicy tangy sauce.
    Happy to help any time to a fellow chef.lol
    Ask me anything happy to answer .
    Please take care.
    @thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @cracker   Good morning to you. Sorry to hear that, please if I can make some suggestions.
    Buy a slow cooker no cooking involved.
    Add any meat you like buy diced, or Chicken legs, thighs drumstick.
    Add to a freezer bag with any spice mixes or herb mixes you like .
    Seal toss and add to the slow cooker.
    You can buy fresh veggies diced I do.
    Or use frozen defrost first. Use a kettle and in to a bowl add boiling water drain and add to slow cooker.
    Cover with either stock use boiling water in a jug or buy a jar sauce add some stock to that cover on low.
    For four to six hours and meal is done.
    My concern and care is your diet, going to be causing you a lot of health problems.
    No fruit and vegetables too much sugar can be harmful.
    Oat meal have a portion with fruit diced Apples or Pears with Milk and water stir in a yoghurt for extra calcium, I use those honey flavoured ones for a bit of sweetness top with Cinnamon.  You can buy frozen Berries good to have add those or some nuts. Use Walnuts buy diced or pieces.
    Use a microwave for your Porridge helps.
    Peanut Butter sandwich with sliced Apples delicious add some cheese. Use whole meal bread all the time.
    Cookies have trans fats in them causing problems as these raise obesity levels.
    Please ask me have lots of recipes no cooking nor much heat to use. Cheap, budget eats and healthy.
    Please take care.
    @htespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Not having one this week. I need time to make Christmas dessert and we also recently celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday. So instead, we are eating ham and cheese pie and leftover cheesecake for pudding. 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @thespiceman Well done for all the varied recipes you come up with.   More a late breakfast I'm settling down to a couple of cheese toasties while waiting for the final grand prix of the season to start.   Dinner around 6 will be chicken, mixed veg, and roast potatoes. 

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Toad in the hole today with veg and gravy 

• thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello every one doing my Cannellini Bean veggie Soup for Evening meal usually have this for Lunch, then the rest evening.
    Just uses up Veggies in the fridge, not eating all the time meat is good for you .wellbeing, antibacterial.
    Soups a pick me up with some bread.
    I used veggies from freezer no chopping.
    Will put this on later .
    Easy and gives the Chef the night off Plonk in the middle of the table and every one helps themselves. No washing up.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    janer1967 said:
    Toad in the hole today with veg and gravy 

Sounds delicious! 
  • April2018mom
    We are having a proper Sunday lunch this week after church. 

Brightness