Pip report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report

Comments

• M_Eandme
    M_Eandme Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Still no report, into 3rd week now ? longest wait ever, i had reiki on Thursday which has calmed my anxiety so much for now, had the standard letter saying they have everything they need, so frustrating that has come but still no report ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring again Monday but i have heard there's huge backlogs with the mail sorting process at Royal mail with letter going to and from DWP.

The letter you received saying they have all the information is just a standard letter they send everyone and really doesn't mean anything. A decision can still take between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • M_Eandme
    Hi @poppy123456, it took them 3 weeks to get my further information. I called yesterday and they are resending it just in case, just hope i get a good decision before Christmas ?
  • M_Eandme
    Report finally arrived today :) ...much better than my last report a lot of trurh in it im pleased to say, has scored me 8 points for daily and 4 points for mobility with a advised review at 18 months.....my last one was tribunal 9 points daily 8 points mobilty which ended last month, so will wait for decision now! Stress has decreased slightly after a better report but will have to see what final decision is now, 
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @M_Eandme
    That's good news!
    Let us know when you get a decision  :)

Joanne 
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    Glad it finally arrived. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. If they do go with it then it's standard daily living, so you would lose your mobility award.

Once the decision is made, if you're not happy then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • M_Eandme
    Thank you, i will just hope now i get a decision this side of Christmas and i get a good outcome so i dont have to go through mr and tribunal again 
  • M_Eandme
    What does FH stand for in report please 
  • poppy123456
    M_Eandme said:
    What does FH stand for in report please 
    FH = functional history.
  • M_Eandme
  • M_Eandme
    @poppy123456 the report  says 0 points on medication (i had one point for this previous) 
    Under justification the assessor reports i need prompting due to poor memory and self harm and uses pill box, says evidence from last report is acknowledged however medication increased since.will the DM consider this when scoring ?
  • poppy123456
    I don't know if they will, they usually go with the report and award what's recommended. Even if you don't score that 1 point, it won't make any difference to your daily living award, it will still be standard because you need 12 points for Enhanced.
  • M_Eandme
    Has anybody got points on their report, but then got more or less on final decision....know they normally go with report just wondering what others have had thanks x
  • poppy123456
    I have heard of a few people on here where the decision maker has gone against the report and been awarded more points and less points than the report has recommended but it's very rare this happens. Having had 2 PIP assessments for myself and 2 for my daughter (i'm her appointee) the decision maker has awarded what's recommended each time.
  • M_Eandme
    Thanks @poppy123456 maybe ill make start on MR just incase ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear you got the report @M_Eandme! If you need any support with an MR then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• M_Eandme
    Thank you @Chloe_Scope i am just waiting for decision now, the report is a little confusing in the way eg. It ticked i dont need points on medication but put in justification iam prompted due to  forget my meds and abused them by self harm and also i use a pill box daily so surely he should have scored me 1 point? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @M_Eandme, I believe this would have scored you 1 point. Unfortunately the assessor might not have seen it this way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• poppy123456
    It should have scored you 1 point as advised but as it won't make any difference to the award going from Standard to Enhanced then it doesn't really matter. If that 1 point would make the difference in an award then it would matter naturally.
  • M_Eandme
    Thanks both, it is the same for engaging with others and managing money and plannin journey which i scored points on my current claim, so if i dont get them i will be MR it the assessor has stated throughout my report i have got worse in all activities since my last assessment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.