Help advice for my son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help advice for my son

Ladyshippers
Ladyshippers Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I can't see the categories very well on my phone.

My son is disabled and lives alone. He has major problems with his spine affecting both back and neck. He's been trying to improve his home and did have some help from a friend but not now. He needs help to move boxes and some furniture but doesn't know where to turn.. 

Any ideas, suggestions etc., would be very welcome.

Helen

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm a community champion here scope. I'm sorry to hear your son is having difficulties. Is this moving furniture and boxes around his current home, rather than moving house? If so then does he have another friend that could help him? Ir maybe a family member?

If he doesn't then try searching is area to see what handy men are available to help. Facebook or gumtree is usually a good place to start. Unfortunately, he will most likely need to pay for any help he receives from people like this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ladyshippers and a warm welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, I imagine it can't be easy. Have you been able to find anyone to help? If there is anything else we can do then please do let us know!
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ladyshippers, how are you doing? Is there anything we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness