Won ESA appeal but now claiming Universal Credit - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won ESA appeal but now claiming Universal Credit

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    @ilovetod i have reported your comment above because it's showing your NI number which isn't allowed on scope forum for safety reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ilovetod
    ilovetod Community member Posts: 29 Listener
  • ilovetod
    Hi again I went to a contact centre today to deal with UC my appeal.as UC still being silly I now have to go into the office next week.to fill a MR form  .they  say they still other got there papers through  why do.i need to go in. Esa told me I shouldn't be running round after them ito should be done throughost them selves 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    No need to apologise @ilovetod, we say not to share these details to protect your identity. I've covered them for you. 

When you say your UC appeal, are you appealing your LCW decision, or the fact they're refusing backpayments? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ilovetod
    No they are actually accepting. Decision but I can't see why I have to fill a MR form
  • poppy123456
    You don't need to fill in the MR form for the Tribunal decision because that's not correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ilovetod
    Think they just stalling
  • ilovetod
    I think I'm going crazy I spoke to uc today as I needed to know why I needed to fill this form in but they just need evidence as they said they have not recieved any from the appeal and they still saying they won't pay any as it was esa and also they said I won't get any arrears  as they paying what I'm entitled to eventure though I applied in 2015 tI'll they told me to apply for UC as my esa stopped I can't makeep UC see what everyone else sees that there wasn't a gap even though I claimed straight after esa this is making me having anxiety attacks 
  • ilovetod
    When I went to contact centre today she deals with uc and she spoke to uc office and who she was speaking to was saying my money needs altering due to appeal win.. so who is  right. X
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really sorry to hear this is having such a big impact on your health. Have you been able to share these concerns with anyone?
    Scope

• ilovetod
    Only people I've been speaking to is uc and esa  I will seemail my daugh terms at weekend but don't lie to bore her as it's really boring me lol
  • poppy123456
    Something doesn't seem right here. The MR is mandatory reconsideration which is definitely not the correct thing to do because you've had you're Tribunal hearing. In an earlier comment you said DWP have accepted the Tribunal decision, is this correct? If it is then i don't understand why you've now been told that they haven't received anything from HMCTS.

If DWP didn't receive the decision from HMCTS then you'll need to contact them.

• ilovetod
    My job Coach rang me earlier and said he doesn't know why uc asked me to fill a MR  form in and he's cancelled my appointment and give me one for friday to photocopy all what I've got  uc still saying not recieved anything
  • ilovetod
    Esa have sent me that decision letter whichead I put on earlier 
  • ilovetod
    Uc call centre said today if I recieved decision letter yesterday then whyou old they have got it.  I said it's because esa had the decency to send me it so I could give it to uc
  • ilovetod
    Also.  Last thing.  I said to uc about 2017 ruling he said on phone. Is that a date or a year I said  of course it's a year
  • poppy123456
    Ok now i understand. This is because the Tribunal decision was made for your ESA claim, which is why UC haven't received anything. You need to ask your case manager to send the MPG1 form to ESA for your ESA award to be transferred to UC, once this is done you should receive all your backdated money because your ESA claim started before April 2017.
  • ilovetod
    Thank you for your understanding  esa said they senthink all paper work to uc on 31 st october
  • poppy123456
    I would still ask for your case manager to send the MPG1 form to ESA because your award for ESA can't be transferred across until that is done.
  • ilovetod
    Il ask.my case manager Friday is that form mpg1 the decis ion letter ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.