Electricity — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Electricity

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Just a quick thanks to those on here who recommended Octopus. I'm a customer of theres as from today.
Glad to get away from my old supplier finally, who made me Ill last winter.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear about your previous experience, however I'm glad you've found a new provider! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Welcome to the club @Franstrahan.   I hope you're as happy about the move as we are.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Bettahm
    @Ami2301 and @exdvr

Thank you both. They certainly seem a friendlier bunch then the last lot.
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Im thinking of changing supplier.is it a big faff? Do you have to deal with overseas call centres?
  • Bettahm
    @mrbuttons
    It is so easy even I managed it! That really is saying something coz I'd put it off since last winter, imagining it to be so complicated. All done online, dont have to speak to anybody (which was great as did not want to speak to my old supplier). It was @poppy123456 and @exdvr who recommended Octopus to me, as there are so many energy suppliers out there now. All done, all I had to do was give a couple of meter readings online. Best wishes with your switch, whoever you have in mind to switch to.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Glad it's all sorted and you are now finally a customer of theirs. You wont be disappointed.

@mrbuttons no, it's not a big faff. I have been a customer of octopuss energy since May this year and i can't begin to tell you how much money i've saved, since being with SSE. The difference is incredible. I pay £30 less per month and have already received 2 refunds in that short space of time.

No overseas call centres either and the best thing of all is that if you're unable to use the phone then email them. They reply to you within 2 hours. Monthly bills instead of quarterly, like i used to have. They email you every month to remind you to send a metre reading, once you send that your bill is produced.

I simply have no complaints and i can't believe i didn't change over years ago. Definitely the best move i've ever made and yes, changing energy suppliers is worrying. Don't forget though, if you're in debt with your current supplier you will need to pay that if you leave them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    So simple to change, just a few clicks of the mouse and they take care of everything involved in the switch.  Send your meter readings once a month through your account page on their website.  It really is that easy.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Bettahm
    @poppy123456 and @exdvr
    Changing the elec supply was easier then changing my mobile phone provider. I'm still waiting for the final bill from old elec people but no debt as such as got that sorted. 

Brightness