Was told by motability that they are not a charity and I need to pay them £1500 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Was told by motability that they are not a charity and I need to pay them £1500

2»

Comments

• cargeotig
    cargeotig Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I am shocked at those answers and i do apologise for putting my question in the wrong place...i will go google somemore and find somewhere more appropriate.

You said "We have rules on here as a member of the community champions team you need to read and listen what  being said to you"..... I would imagine this goes both ways and i feel you have both read my thread completely wrong and taken it totally out of context, and to be honest i feel you have been very rude in your answers, which dont really answer my question anyway!
    I never said someone called me a thief i was simply making a point that i wasnt one so would obviously have paid money back if i was due it and had been asked. 

You have also said....

"Abuse against a member of the team or any member of the community. Is not allowed, have look at our guide, community house rules for clarification" ....

I certainly am not abusing anyone, and im mortified that you have taken it this way, iv never abused anyone in my life and am certainly not doing that now.
    Im upset at how this was taken so please delete my threads as its absolutely not how it was meant and i shall seek answers elsewhere.
    Thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    @cargeotig i'm sorry you feel this way but i didn't call you a thief, regardless of what you say.

You didn't really ask a question, you just said you're in the same boat as the person that originally started this thread, so that's what i based my answer on.

When you returned and made a further comment, it's apparent that your situation isn't the same as the original poster, it's different. It's always better starting your own thread on any forum that you ask for help and advice on because this way you can fully explain exactly what's happened and what advice you need, otherwise it's impossible to help and you maybe given the incorrect advice.

We can only answer questions or help others based on the information we are given. Community champions here on scope volunteer their time and we are not experts. My advise about the benefit system comes from my personal experience and further extensive research.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw1
    jw1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    It does not say on transitional package  letter that you have to pay money back to motability,it does say right at the bottom of second page of letter you MAY have to pay monies back and may is a very broad word ,my argument was that they should of explained on letter that you don't have to pay the £2000 part of the package back if you except that offer but if you except our other offer of keeping car for a few months you have to pay that back ,nowhere does it say that on any motability website , motability even agreed with me but said I still had to pay money back, that's the problem 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @cargeotig and welcome to the community. It looks like there has been a bit of confusion on this post and I'm sorry for that. 
    From looking at your question and @Jean Eveleigh's response, I would take the Motability guidance the same way you have. Are you looking to use the scheme again in the future?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cargeotig
    Thank you...Yes i am hoping to rejoin soon.
    (The following is what i was trying to say to the original person who posted, hoping it was helpful information from disability themselves).
    "I took the 1000 pay off after i had already had 26 weeks extra.... Although they told me on phone they would send the 1000 and even if my claim was reinstated they said if i waited 6 months i would be able to rejoin penalty free, and the 1000 wouldnt have to be paid back at all. But if i rejoined earlier i would have to repay the rental money but not the 1000 "( although it was on the phone and not in writing unfortunately).
    However if i were to presume the person on the phone to me was correct (and i genuinly could rejoin penalty free after 6 months).... My question was "would that be 6 months from when my claim was stopped originally? Or 6 months from when it was reinstated"?
    So basically which date should i take the 6 months from?.
    Sorry for the initial confusion, and i understand that maybe noone is anymore wise about this than i am, but i do hope it makes more sense this time, and also i do realise my information could have been given to me incorrectly.... But i was just trying to help and get my answer at same time. 
  • cargeotig
    @jw1 ... That makes sense as iv scoured the website for that too... And i totally agree they should make that clear, with hindsight i suppose its obvious they would want reimbursed, but they still should have made it crystal clear for anyone that has to consider their options, and it definately should be on the website.
    Think il call them again and ask.... If they say to pay the "rental" part back first i could then offer to pay it back over the 6 months i was going to wait anyway before rejoining the scheme. I wouldnt bother but i cant afford a decent car and iv already been left stranded once with the rubbish one i bought with the 1000.... Fingers crossed i can sort something and hopefully you do too
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    @cargeotig what confuses me here is the amount of money that you received after keeping the car for 26 weeks. If you were a mobility customer since before 31st December 2012 and kept that car for 26 weeks then your transitional support package will be reduced from £2,000 to £500.

If you were a customer from between December and Jan 2013 and keep the car for 26 weeks, then your package will be reduced from £1000 to  £250. For the £1,000 payment you would have needed to return the car within 8 weeks.

My thoughts here is that you may owe motability money regardless of when you rejoin. If the amount of money you receive was the correct amounts above then the 6 months starts from when you received the transitional support protection money.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello @cargeotig     Please can I just say.

I was a loss to lose my car but got the covering letter and as I do always ring them these people up.

Clarification and confusion abound.

Some times hindsight is a wonderful thing, but speaking to the Motability team lots of reassurance, patience, tolerance.

Had also one important thing ask for email of our conversation, I did as also if I can recall. To send me a letter of our chat, instead got an email.

The rules after losing a lifetime award are confusing, complex. I just thought well had enough of this. After all a car is a car.

Got £2000 marvellous using that a rainy day.

Cold day yesterday no need for going out shopping, on line. TESCO by early morning.

Stress free.

Just too much if you think about every time I have a problem struggle as I do. As I age older, do I need to be finding my energy and time driving.

Worry, anxiety and the way people drive too much, rather use taxis.

One other major problem is the continuous assessments do I need to be losing my mind over whether might lose the car again or ask to be reinstated then lose it again, too old, too tired.

Besides an assessment next time more points scored. Here hoping, because not got a car. As I do not going out so much and do I need to, all deliveries parcels yesterday, in the warm  safe and secure.

The stress, mental anguish. gets to you. Being claiming nearly all my life and it still goes on.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness