Waiting for an Aspergers/Autism assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for an Aspergers/Autism assessment

Options
JustJules
JustJules Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi there, 
Glad to be here to try and gain some understanding of what I'm experiencing - I'm waiting for an Aspergers/Autism assessment,  but want to see if there are any bits of advice I can pick up with regard to coping with everyday life. I'm a 44 year old woman and just want to try and make life as good as I can for me and my husband. Jules ☺ 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JustJules and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I hope your assessment goes well and you are doing the right thing in trying to get some information about Aspergers/Autism.  Can I suggest the National Autistic Society for information and support.  Here is a link to their website if you would like to take a look:-

https://www.autism.org.uk/

Also there are some of our members who have Aspergers/Autism so they should be able to relate to what you are going through and may also share their experiences with you.  You will find some discussions about Autism on the site if you have a look which you may find helpful also.  You will find this forum to be a really supportive friendly one so please chat to us anytime and let us know how your assessment goes.  If there is anything we can help/support you with meantime then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JustJules - Welcome to this very helpful & supportive community, Jules. Thank you for joining. Here's a link to others on the autistic spectrum here, which may be helpful, as mentioned above: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    I hope it's not too long until you get your assessment, & some answers.

• JustJules
    JustJules Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your kind replies, much appreciated ☺
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @JustJules. How are you today? 
    It can be really difficult to give suggestions on what may help as autism/aspergers presents differently. Have you thought about what things you find difficult? Perhaps we can help look at that and ways to make any difficulties easier with you? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness