Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet!

2»

Comments

• deerp
    deerp Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    I wish I could plan for Christmas. My Universal Credit falls on 30th every month so attempting to save anything from November 30th to Christmas is an exercise doomed to fail!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I imagine this is really difficult @deerp! How are you spending Christmas this year? I hope you can have some time to relax. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    not yet. I have made present in the past but my family don't seem to appreciate them. I gave my aunt an uncle a fabric wreath last Christmas. It took 10 hrs to make and when I gave it to them my uncle had the most unappreciative look on his face. I have never seen the wreath {which wasn't a Christmas wreath) hanging up in the house and I quizzed my aunt about it and she said it was in a box in with the christmas decorations. I felt really angry. That is the last I make anything for them! A couple of years I made the same aunt a pearls and silver necklace (the real thing) she wore it on Christmas day and I have never seen her wear it since. the same year I made my other aunt an emerald bracelet again the real thing and I haven't seen her wear it since. I made my mom a pearl necklace the same Christmas and even she hasn't worn hers since.( nice to know my work is appreciated)!! think I will stick to cheap rubbish from the shops in the future. they will probably appreciate that more! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    That's such a shame @deb74. It's sad that some people don't appreciate the time and effort that goes into handmade gifts. I think the personal touch and thought that goes into something handmade has always been more appreciated than someone grabbing the first thing they see in a shop. I know most of my prized possessions are handmade gifts!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    That must be so frustrating @deb74! I bet your work is beautiful and I'm sorry they didn't appreciate the time and effort. 
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Chloe_Scope. never mind! I should have known my uncle wouldn't appreciate my work but I was hoping my aunt would. I still haven't done my Christmas shopping I have no idea what to buy people
  • Chloe_Scope
    It can be really hard to know what to get @deb74! Hope you have a good day. :)
    Scope

Brightness