Finish the sentence.. All I want for Christmas is...? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finish the sentence.. All I want for Christmas is...?

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
To spend time with my loved ones and have a nice dinner and a relaxing happy day ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The company of my family and watching the kids faces and excitement 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2019
    Hello  @Tammyjane33   Please one or two things  would like first peace and harmony, love to those who cause problems.

This time of year so much pain, discord, angry.

People who get together as families and cause issues.

See it and being part of it.

Why no need causes serious mental problems long term.

Also lets stop being self centred selfish, lets stop being greedy, unappreciative.

If you get a gift love it cherish the moments. Have a smile on your face no way be disappointed.

Life at this times of years. Is coming to the end of a year.

Celebrate the achievements the life you have and everything around it.

Life is a complicated, serious can be mentally harmful and hurt if you do not approach the joyful times.

You need I do periods of time to reflect, muse and still think have a lot to offer.

Gifts are not only for Christmas every day is a gift.

A gift of life make it yours. Use your talents, your skills, your abilities wisely.

Be a friend to those in need be a friend to those who may never need you but wish for some solace and peace.

Need a shoulder to listen be supportive.

This is the time also for change and adapt think do I need this do I want this.

Evaluation so important looking at thinking positivity and looking not being negative but instil those methods to help and support yourself.

Could be new avenues, new paths new goals aims. Help along the way will come with much happiness.

Make a life to count.

Always in my prayers those who are my friends and those who I wish could do more for.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Some lovely things here!

I hope for a relaxed family day and a chance to spend quality time with each other. :)
    Scope

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    6 acres.

For my very own smallholding 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Is to have a good time! This is all I want really. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    To feel loved and give love in return.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A day of reduced anxiety levels...  Anxiety is for life, not just for Christmas! :#  

But also, on a less selfish note, I want what little family I have not to be worried about me on the day.  I can't deal with the group visits or meals so stay home alone on the day which doesn't bother me at all, I never could cope well with xmas day but pushed through it before for their benefit until I could no longer do it.  I really hate the thought that they might be thinking about me with their own perceptions on the day though.  I understand most people like being with other people and eating together etc, but it really doesn't bother me that I'm not.  I just want them to enjoy themselves instead. :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    to get it over with and return to my version of reallity.
    I do wish you all the very best time you can have in  what ever way you are able
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • thespiceman
    Hello @OverlyAnxious   Please to give you reassurance am here on Christmas Day .

Please tag me in any problems, issues need a friend, lonely.

Talking to you.

I am on my own and as last year just be glad to be over but same time.

Many community members like me, another day.

Please can I suggest happy to be listening be friend anytime.

Please use PM service if having some problems do care need to add concern.

You know that.

Your friend

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    A day of reduced anxiety levels...  Anxiety is for life, not just for Christmas! :#  

But also, on a less selfish note, I want what little family I have not to be worried about me on the day.  I can't deal with the group visits or meals so stay home alone on the day which doesn't bother me at all, I never could cope well with xmas day but pushed through it before for their benefit until I could no longer do it.  I really hate the thought that they might be thinking about me with their own perceptions on the day though.  I understand most people like being with other people and eating together etc, but it really doesn't bother me that I'm not.  I just want them to enjoy themselves instead. :)
    I'll  be alone this Christmas and I'm pleased and relieved because the last two Christmas' I've been caught and had to go first to a dinner in a hall with a load of other people who would have been alone for Christmas (maybe would have preferred it that way  like me, I was sort of press-ganged into it), and last year to the house of some well-meaning people I used to garden for who caught me totally unawares and I couldn't snap out an excuse not to go quick enough. So it'll be just me and the dogs and a few days total peace. I get very anxious about and at Social gatherings of any sort and always have. Avoidance is the only way. Yes I do actually like being on my own all the time!
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Asking too much probably, for the DWP to speed things up for people and change the process for most of the benefits people claim
  • thespiceman
    Hello @susan48   My friend still waiting sorry to hear this.

Imagine you feeling stressed, anxious. understand what your going through anything to give you reassurance.

Please have you spoken to DWP.

Anything can help or be supportive with you know .

Always here.  Please ask me.

Great to hear from you wishing you well.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @thespiceman, yes anxiety high and not sleeping. No point in calling DWP as the last time told it can take 6weeks. 
    i hope you are doing ok and have a nice Christmas x
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    All I want for Christmas is for politicians and other leaders to learn that when they use hate and fear against one group to achieve their aims they feed into the hate and fear against other groups, regardless if this is their intention or not. It takes a lot more effort to heal those wounds, effort lost to achieving more for those they would serve and lead.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Firstly a life back and secondly the chance to bring my fractured family back together.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I got it...a definite diagnosis.

Life aint so bad
    xxxx

Brightness