We want to hear about your experiences with taxis and other private hire vehicles — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We want to hear about your experiences with taxis and other private hire vehicles

Maria_Alumni
Maria_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 18 Courageous

Scope are trying to learn more about disabled people’s experiences with transport, especially taxis and other private hire vehicles. We know that many disabled people, and parents and carers of disabled children, have lots of feedback about transport issues. We’ve put together a short survey that should help Scope’s understanding. The survey should only take 4-5 minutes to complete.

As a thank you for your time and effort, Scope can offer anyone who completes the survey £5 in the form of an eGift card. The £5 can be spent at a variety of online and high street retailers, and it won’t affect any benefits. If you want to claim your £5, please remember to include your email address when you are asked for it during the survey. You should receive the eGift card to your email address within two working days of completing it.

Click HERE to begin the survey.

If you’ve got any questions or issues, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Scope’s Panel Officer, James Roscow, by emailing researchpanel@scope.org.uk. You can also phone on 02080364906.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Maria_Scope   good filled it in.

Wish you all the best in any results and positive outcomes. 

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Maria_Alumni
    Thank you so much @thespiceman! We really appreciate it!
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Maria_Scope , filled in. I hope it helps.
  • Maria_Alumni
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I use Amber and at the moment I don't have any problems, but the buses is a different thing... I hate using buses because people stare a lot and the  bus driver never puts the ramp down as I have a Walker. I take a seat but people stare at me because I have a seat on my walker. Maybe I should sit on my walker seat in future... just don't know what to do..
  • Maria_Alumni
    Thanks for the useful insights @AlisonNetty! it'd be really helpful if you filled in the survey. It only takes 5 minutes and Scope can offer you a £5 voucher for your time as a thank you :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I missed your survey. @Maria_Scope.  I hope you got lots of interesting feedback to help you with your research.  I use taxis a lot as I can no longer drive and my husband isn't always available to take me places due to work commitments, but the taxi company I use are really great and so helpful.  They have a wheelchair accessible taxi that allows me to be driven right into the taxi and secured safely for the journey.  I do on occasion use another taxi company if my preferred one isn't available which is just a normal car where I can transfer into the passenger seat and my wheelchair gets folded up in the boot.  Where I live in Dumfries & Galloway, the council operates a taxi voucher scheme for disabled and elderly people where they give you £100 worth of taxi vouchers each year to use for journeys.  I suppose it isn't a lot and I do use mine up really quickly, but it is better than nothing and quite a good idea to help people.  One the whole, I find taxis to be a lifeline for me getting out and about.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Maria_Alumni
    Thank you @Ails for helping Scope gain a deeper understanding of the issues associated with using taxis and private hire vehicles. We really appreciate it! 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @Maria_Scope.  Glad to be of help.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.